CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The International Centre Goa (ICG) invites academics, journalists, writers and others to apply for the ICG Scholars-in-Residence Programme 2023. ICG will select one or more applicants to spend 30 days at ICG to work on her book project.
- Applicants must be residents of India;
- Applicants must be currently writing/completing a book manuscript, a report (10,000 words or more) or any other scholarly/literary work
- Applicants must be able to convincingly show in their application their progress in the ongoing project (1-2 book chapters or some other documentation).
NOTE: The programme is not open to those who are yet to begin work on a project.
How to Apply
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A short bio (1-2 pages)
- Description of book project (max. 2 pages)
- Sample writing (one or two chapters from the ongoing book project).
All applications – clearly marked as “ICG Scholars-in-Residence Programme 2023” – must be sent by email on or before 30th April 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
The selected applicant will be required to make a public presentation (typically a lecture) during the period of her stay at ICG.
The ICG Scholars-in-Residence programme will cover the following expenses:
- Return air travel (economy)
- Complimentary accommodation for self (and spouse/partner) at ICG for 30 days
- A stipend of Rs. 4,000 per day for the 30-day period.
Note: ICG reserves the right to amend the rules and terms and conditions of the Scholars-in-Residence Programme