The application must be submitted no later than 11:45 PM IST on Thursday, December 29, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to avoid last minute technical issues.
About the Fellowship
The LAMP Fellowship is one of the few initiatives of its kind in the country. We recognize the decision to participate in the Fellowship is an important one for you and that you might have some questions that arise in the process. We hope to provide answers to some of those questions and clarify any doubts you may have regarding the nature of your role and the scope of the Fellowship.
Role of a LAMP
LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity to be mentored by a Member of Parliament for a period of 10-11 months, subject to the Parliamentary calendar. During the course of the Fellowship, the Fellows will get the opportunity to engage with experts from diverse sectors and understand important policy and development issues of the country.
The Fellow’s primary task involves providing research support to the Member of Parliament (MP) that she/he is assigned to. A significant amount of the research a LAMP Fellow will undertake will be Parliament related, such as inputs for bills, parliamentary questions, policy discussions and standing committee meetings. LAMP Fellows are also required to provide background research for the conferences and media events MPs attend in their official capacity. While some MPs may delegate constituency-related work to their LAMP Fellows, taking up such work (including visits to the constituency) is subject to the agreement between the MP and the LAMP Fellow.
LAMP Fellows research topics as diverse as defence, food security, environment, economics and foreign affairs. Research tasks may include
- Legislative research
- Data Analysis
- Framing parliamentary questions
- Background research parliamentary debates
- Research for Standing Committee meetings
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Media-related work including drafting press releases, preparing interventions for TV appearances
- Research for constituency-related issues
- Interacting with stakeholders
LAMP Fellows rarely have a “typical” work day. Requests for research may have varying deadlines – ranging from thirty minutes to a couple of days, depending on the specifications of the MP. When Parliament is in session, the workload is likely to be heavier than the time period between sessions.
PRS seeks to engage with highly-motivated, bright young people for the LAMP Fellowship.
- LAMP Fellowship is open to candidates who are 25 years of age or below
- Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for the LAMP Fellowship.
Before applying, please make sure that you meet the Fellowship’s eligibility requirements:
1) You must have a Bachelor’s degree (in any discipline)
2) You must be 25 years or younger (born on or after June 1st 1997)
3) You must be an Indian citizen
Instructions for filling up the application form:
Partial responses cannot be saved. Please make sure to fill up the application form all at once.
Things you need to have ready before filling up the form:
1) Academic scores/grades (Undergraduate and upwards)
2) Details of work experience/internships/ volunteer work
3) A 500-word essay justifying your candidature for the LAMP Fellowship
4) A 500-word essay on a policy or law
The essays should be written in English and in your own words. Any material used in your essays from other sources must be properly cited. Application of candidates who have plagiarized their essays will be summarily rejected.
This form contains 8 sections. They are:
Section 1: Personal information and contact details
Section 2: Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Section 3: Academic Qualification: Post Graduate Degree (if applicable)
Section 4: Academic Qualification: Other Degree / Course (if applicable)
Section 5: Work Experience (other than internships) (if applicable)
Section 6: Internship Experience (if applicable)
Section 7: Languages known
Section 8: Two essays (500 words each)
Candidates shortlisted in the first round will be required to take a mandatory online evaluation test on 8 January, 2023 (Sunday).
How to Apply
Frequently asked questions about the LAMP Fellowship: Visit Here
PRS Legislative Research
Institute for Policy Research Studies
3rd Floor, Gandharva Mahavidyalaya
212, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg,
New Delhi- 110002
India- (Google Map)
Phone No: +91 11 43434035