The Centre de Sciences Humaines (CSH, UMIFRE n°20) is part of a network of research units of the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the French Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs (MEAE).
About the Recruitment
This position is for 3-4 months on a full-time basis (ideally from early June 2023). The selected candidate will work on a research project to identify and classify individual communities (castes and tribes) from different Indian databases.
Prerequisite: Master’s degree or above in social sciences (preferably anthropology, sociology, or demography).
Objective: to identify, document, and classify community, caste, and tribe from existing databases
- Familiarity with India’s sociological structure and communities (field experience an advantage).
- Capacity to effectively extract and compile information from Internet sources and published materials
- Capacity to handle complex Excel files (knowledge of other statistical software an advantage)
Status and Remuneration:
- This is a full-time job based at the CSH, Delhi.
- The candidate selected will be paid an amount of ₹ 40,000 per month.
- The job may be extended over a longer period. Online work may be possible after an initial period of two months.
- The CSH is an equal-opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
The candidates should apply electronically using this link
Deadline 20 May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.