About the Recruitment
The Department of Economics, IBS, Hyderabad, IFHE Deemed University invites applications for the post of Research Associate for the project on, “Analysis of Pani Panchayats in Odisha: Potential to support inclusive, gender-responsive and climate-resilient diversification of cropping systems and livelihoods”, funded by the
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). The project is a multi-disciplinary and empirical in nature with below objectives:
- To understand the functioning and implementation of activities assigned to Pani panchayats and role of women and youth in these institutions.
- To analyse the effectiveness of Pani panchayats in enabling efficient and equitable access to irrigation fo diversification of rice-based systems.
- To study the issues and challenges faced by Pani panchayats with a particular focus on their gender and social inclusiveness.
- To examine the benefits of Pani panchayat in promoting community awareness, collective decision making, sustainable management of resources, and supporting the livelihoods resilience of farmers.
- To examine the role of women farmers and youth in Pani panchayats – their participation, agency, benefits, challenges and opportunities.
Research Associate will work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers at IBS and IRRI and will be involved
in review of literature, designing the questionnaire, development of research modules, supervise the Field
Investigators during the survey time, data collection, data analysis, report writing, and administrative tasks related to
There will be frequent visits to different regions of Odisha for undertaking/ monitoring field survey. The tenure
of the appointment is four months and may be extended to one month depending on the project requirement.
Applicants are required to have a PhD in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Policy, or any
associated social science disciplines. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience of working on
survey-based research projects related to agriculture, rural development and water management. The ability to
speak Odia is mandatory and expertise about use of statistical/econometric models will be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may send their CVs to the Principal Investigator (PI) Dr. Sushanta Kumar Mahapatra on
his email ID email@example.com . Please mention ‘Application for Research Associate for Odisha Pani Panchayat Study’ in the subject line of the email.
The deadline of the application is 28th January 2023. The interviews will be conducted soon-after and selected
candidate is required to join by 1st February 2023.