SBI Foundation is offering SBIF Asha Scholarship Program 2023 for students pursuing PhD studies at premier institutions with an aim to support their higher education.
About the Scholarship
- Prizes & Rewards: Up to INR 5,00,000 for one year
- Last Date to Apply: 31-05-2023
- Application mode: Online applications only
Open for Indian students pursuing first-year of PhD from premier institutions in the academic year 2022-23. Applicants must be pursuing research in areas such as cybersecurity, innovative finance mechanisms, new payment models, Intellectual Property rights, micro-finance and credit linkage, policy reform to enable financial inclusion, last-mile access to digital banking and financial services, etc. They must have scored a minimum of 75% marks in the previous academic year. Their annual family income must be less than INR 3 lakh.
SBIF Asha Scholarship Program 2023 is an initiative of the SBI Foundation under its education vertical – Integrated Learning Mission (ILM), to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families across India to ensure continuity of their education. Under this scholarship program, college students pursuing first year of undergraduate studies from top NIRF universities/colleges and IITs, MBA/PGDM from IIMs, and PhD from premier institutions are entitled to receive a scholarship of up to INR 5 lakh for 1 year. Buddy4Study is the implementation partner for this scholarship program.
SBI Foundation is the CSR arm of the State Bank of India. True to its tradition of service beyond banking, the Foundation currently works in over 28 States and Union Territories of India on Rural Development, Healthcare, Education, Livelihood & Entrepreneurship, Youth Empowerment, Promotion of Sports, and more to contribute to the socio-economic development and the betterment of the underprivileged sections of the society. SBI Foundation believes in reflecting the ethos of the SBI group, in running interventions that are ethical, promote growth and equality, and create a positive impact on society.
- Students enrolled in first-year of PhD programmes at renowned institutions in the academic year 2022-23 are eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing research in areas such as cybersecurity, innovative finance mechanisms, new payment models, Intellectual Property rights, micro-finance and credit linkage, policy reform to enable financial inclusion, last-mile access to digital banking and financial services, etc.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in postgraduation (aggregate scores of all years/semesters).
- The annual family income of the applicants from all sources must not be more than INR 3 Lakh.
- Students from PAN India are eligible to apply.
Up to INR 2,00,000 for one year
- Marksheet of the previous academic year (Class 12/Graduation/Postgraduation, whichever is applicable)
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of applicant (or parent)
- Income proof (Form 16A/income certificate from government authority/salary slips, etc.)
- Photograph of the applicant
How can you apply?
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘SBIF Asha Scholarship Program 2023’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.