Call for Application: ICMR-DHR INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS For the Year 2023-24
- Last date of receipt of applications: 31st August, 2023
One of the major mandates of ICMR and DHR is to augment capacity strengthening of Indian scientists. This ICMR-DHR international fellowship programme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel by facilitating advanced training and exposure to the latest advancements in knowledge through interaction with the international scientists in emerging areas of clinical/medicine/health sciences
Short Term International Fellowships for Senior Indian Biomedical Scientists
- Duration of Fellowships: Two weeks to 3 months
- Number of Fellowships: Twenty five (25) fellowships per year
- Age limit: Below 57 years as on last date of receipt of application
Long Term International Fellowships for Young Indian Biomedical Scientists
- Duration of Fellowships: 6 to 12 months
- Number of Fellowships: Forty (40) fellowships per year
- Age limit: Below 45 years as on last date of receipt of application
How to Apply
- To submit the application you are required to first register into the system. To register, click on the Register Now link on the home page.
- Fill in the necessary details – all fields marked in red * are mandatory. The user id and password you fill in the registration form has to be used by you to login into the system.
- Please ensure you do not lose your login id and password
Visit Here to Apply
Applications submitted online through the website portal of ICMR/DHR: Visit Here; Or Visit Here . Details of the eligibility criteria, format of application, terms and conditions, and guidelines of the programme are available on ICMR and DHR websites.
ICMR has approached some high ranking global universities and the following have agreed to consider candidates funded by ICMR. Links to these leading foreign Institutes/Research centres is given below for ready reference to explore the training opportunities. It may be noted that the applicant is required to contact a suitable foreign mentor and seek his/her consent.
- Magee Women’s Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh, USA Weblink: https://mageewomens.org/for-researchers
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine/ NYU Langone Health Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University, USA- Weblink: https://med.nyu.edu/departments-institutes/medicine/divisions/cardiology/research/research-faculty
- Woodruff Health Sciences Center, USA Weblink: http://whsc.emory.edu/research/index.html
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, Weblink: https://www.medicine.wisc.edu/research/clinical-research
- The Johns Hopkins University, USA, Weblink: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/research/, https://indiainstitute.jhu.edu/about/faculty/List of Interested Faculty at Johns Hopkins University
- Vanderbilt University, USA, Weblink: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/research/
- Ohio State University, Columbus, USA, Weblink: https://medicine.osu.edu/research
- University of Melbourne, Australia, Weblink: https://mdhs.unimelb.edu.au/research
- Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute, Monash University, Australia
- McGill University, Canada Weblink: https://www.mcgill.ca/medhealthsci/research
- King’s College London, UK, Weblink: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/faculties-departments#lsm; https://www.kcl.ac.uk/facultiesdepartments#dentistry; https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn
- Please note that while the mentioned foreign institutes are potential options, candidates may also approach other high ranking Universities for training and mentorship opportunities.
- The selection process is competitive, and there is no guarantee of being selected for the fellowship if applicants choose to apply to these specific international institutes