Call for Applications Under DBT BUILDER Programme Project based Ph.D. Positions associated with Interdisciplinary Research in Life Sciences
- (Location: BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus)
- Application Deadline 11th March 2022
- Website: (https://discovery.bits-pilani.ac.in/DBT/index.html)
About DBT Boost to University Interdisciplinary Life Science Departments for Education and Research (DBT BUILDER) programme
The DBT BUILDER programme fosters interaction between the existing departments of universities invigorating interdisciplinary modern bioscience research through creation of new research agenda aiming to develop world-class school of life science in universities doing both advanced research and education.
The theme of DBT BUILDER at BITS Pilani, Pilani campus is “Interdisciplinary Life Science Programme for Advanced Research and Education in Epigenetics and Genome Editing”
About the Positions
- Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) in the relevant areas
- Fellowship: JRF @ Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for first two years, and SRF for 3rd, 4th and 5th year as per DBT norms
- Number of positions: 05
- Eligibility: Please refer to the table appended below (only NET-LS or equivalent national exams)
- Application process: Eligible candidates may please apply with detailed CV using the online form available at: Visit Here by 11th March 2022
- Selected candidates will be expected to join the PhD programme of BITS Pilani For queries contact at following email ID: email@example.com
About BITS Pilani
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) is a Deemed to be University established vide Sec.3 of the UGC Act,1956. It has established itself as a symbol of Excellence and has been declared as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Ministry of Education, Government of India in 2020. It offers Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD programmes to over 17,000 students across its campuses in Pilani, Dubai, Goa, Hyderabad, and Mumbai. QS World University Subject Rankings 2021 has ranked BITS Pilani in the Top 351-400. Pharmacy was ranked globally at 151-200 (Top 4 in India). In QS Asia University Rankings 2021, BITS has been ranked 194th (only private institute from India in the Asia Top 200, and at 18 in India). In the NIRF 2021 rankings, BITS Pilani has been ranked 3rd in Pharmacy. In Times Higher Education (THE) World University Subject Rankings 2022, BITS has been ranked 251-300 in Life Sciences (2nd among Indian institutions). The Institute has secured more than Rs 383 crore as external research grant in the last 5 years. State of the art facilities have been developed to support cutting edge research, leading to an h-index of 134, ~18,914 publications with ~1,76,549 citations as per Scopus Database and with 100+ patents filed in the last 5 years.