Write Beyond Borders is a mentoring project for emerging writers of South Asian background based in the UK and South Asia. Each successful applicant is paired with one of our author mentors and receives support and advice on writing through a combination of one-to-one sessions and masterclasses. Mentees also have the opportunity to form their own writing community beyond political and geographical borders with fellow emerging writers on the project.
- The 2023-24 project will run from October 2023-March 2024 and includes: Two online one-to-one sessions with assigned mentor
- Feedback on two pieces of writing (of up to 3000 words) A set of ten masterclasses, also online, on Saturdays at 2pm (UK time)
Who Can Apply?
You must be 18 or older, of South-Asian origin and reside in the UK* or South Asia. If you are a South Asian living in the Middle East and would like to apply, please get in touch via email first (email@example.com). You must be an un-agented writer who has not yet published a full-length work of fiction or non-fiction. Previously self-published writers may apply.The scheme is designed to support the development of new and emerging prose writers. You must be committed to attending masterclasses and engaging with your mentor and fellow writers. You will also be required to contribute to our Write Beyond Borders Blog.
How to Apply
If you would like to participate, please follow this link to fill in our application form. You will be asked to attach a document with the following:
- A covering letter in which you tell us about yourself and why you would like to participate in the project
- A creative writing sample (up to 2000 words). The work must be in English. It can be fiction or creative nonfiction but please don’t send us academic essays.
- We accept previously published work. Send us your best writing!
- Email applications will not be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm (UK) on 11th September 2023.
If you have any questions, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official Notification: Visit Here