CALL FOR CHAPTERS on the topic INDIAN ORAL NARRATIVES
- Submission deadline: 31 July 2023
- A Committee will review the abstracts and information regarding acceptance shall be communicated to the authors subsequently
- PUBLICATION: The book will be published with a reputed publishing house
About the Book
We invite you to contribute a chapter (25-30 pages) to a book (tentative) titled “Whispers of Forgotten Tales: Unheard Oral Narratives of India.” The book aims to shed light on the unheard and often overlooked oral narratives passed down through generations, preserving cultural heritage and fostering a deeper understanding of India’s vibrant storytelling traditions. The objective is to document, preserve, and appreciate India’s vast oral heritage. We invite scholars, researchers, storytellers, and individuals passionate about Indian oral traditions to contribute their insights, expertise, and research work to this project.
Details of Topics
We are particularly interested in submissions reflecting the diverse range of themes related to oral narratives, including but not limited to the following:
- Marriage rituals, ceremonies, and folk songs
- Motherhood ceremonies
- Grind mill songs
- Divine possession and rituals
- Field song • Song of local festivals
- Devotion and Performance
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The abstract should be typed in MS Word:
- Times New Roman- Font size 12- Line spacing 1.5.
The abstract should include:
Title of the paper, The author’s name, designation, and institutional affiliation (if any)
Note: Please include a brief biography (no more than 120 words) and the mailing address
Dr. Suraj Nandkumar Dhumal Assistant Professor, Amity University, Noida
Dr. Tushar Vinayak Banekar Assistant Professor GITAM University, Hyderabad