- Total Number of Posts: 17
- Last date to submit the Online Application is 15-09-2023 till 05:00 PM
- Mode of Appointment: Direct
- Application Mode: Through Online
IISER Mohali currently has 17 vacant positions for direct recruitment of Assistant Professor in all areas of Physics, Chemistry , Mathematics, Biology, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences. We are looking for extremely motivated scientists with a high-profile research agenda and a flair for teaching (especially at the undergraduate level). The direct recruitments to these posts shall be as per the provisions of the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers cadre) Act, 2019 and the distribution of posts shall be as per the following table:
About the Recruitment
- Minimum Qualifications: PhD with a first class in the preceding degree, and a minimum of three years of post- doctoral or equivalent experience.
- Pay Level-Academic Pay level 12 with initial basic pay Rs.1,01,500/- as per 7th CPC.
|Name of the post||UR||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||PwBD|
|Assistant Professor (17 Posts)||8||3||1||4||1||1|
01 post is reserved for person with benchmark disability (PwBD) of “types (a) (b) (c), (d),(e)” as per Govt of India rules, and this post shall be filled through horizontal reservation.
- A candidate applying for the above faculty positions must be a citizen of India or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The appointment is in the IISER Mohali, which is an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement before the date of advertisement i.e. 15-09-2023. They are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for a post. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- It will be mandatory for all the applicants to apply online and to upload all supporting certificates and documents. Online applications not in prescribed format and/or not accompanied supporting by required information/documents shall be liable to be rejected. The documents uploaded with the online application, will be verified with original testimonials at the time of interview, if the applicants called for the same.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the minimum.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for seminar presentation at the Institute and /or for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to devise its criteria for shortlisting for all the positions advertised. The duly constituted Screening Committee will shortlist the candidates adopting such criteria. Candidates are advised to mention in the online application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents and ensure that all details are complete, accurate and correct.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part-time basis, daily wages, etc. will not be counted while calculating the requisite experience for shortlisting the candidates for interview.
- All candidates who may have applied against the rolling advertisement in the past and who continue to be interested for a faculty appointment in the Institute are required to apply afresh against this advertisement before the last date indicated.