MADRAS SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS- (Recognized as Institution of Special Importance by Government of Tamil Nadu) Gandhi Mandapam Road, (Behind Anna Centenary Library), Chennai – 600 025.
MSE invites applications from qualified candidates for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor specializing in Financial Economics, Environmental Economics, Public Economics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Applied Econometrics and Business Analytics.
Professor: Excellent academic record with Ph.D. with at least 10 publications in peer reviewed journals and ten years of teaching experience at post-graduate level, and /or research in an academic/ or research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in a University or Accredited Research Institution with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidates.
Associate Professor: Good academic record with Ph.D. with at least 7 publications in peer reviewed journals and 8 years of teaching experience at post-graduate level, and /or research in an academic research positions equivalent to that of Assistant professor in a University / accredited Research institution.
Assistant Professor: A full time Ph.D. degree with at least two publications, out of which at least one must be in peer reviewed journal.
Basic Pay Scales
- Professor:Pay Rs. 1,44,200/-
- Associate Professor: Pay Rs. 1,31,400/-
- Assistant Professor: Pay Rs. 57, 700/-
For all above, the following are applicable:
- (i) HRA 24% (subject to revision as per Govt. guidelines)
- (ii) TA: Rs. 1800/-
- (iii) DA: 38%
- (iv) EFP: 12% of pay.
- (v) Medical Reimbursement of Rs. 12,500/- per annum plus Medical Insurance and Rs. 25,000/- academic grant per year.
In addition, performance-linked payments and facilities are provided through provisions for undertaking consultancy assignments subject to MSE rules.
How to Apply
Madras School of Economics may consider suitable candidates who may not have applied. Faculty members who may be willing to come on leave for one or two years may also apply. Interested candidates may send their bio-data with names of two or three referees to the Director, Madras School of Economics, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai 600 025 Email: email@example.com by April 15, 2023.
- For deserving candidates, additional increments on top of basic pay may be considered on par with market. Candidates without Ph.D. degree, but have submitted their Ph.D. thesis can also apply for Lecturer positions with a consolidated pay of Rs. 54,000/- p.m.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview either in person or through online. Maximum of 8 positions will be filled based on suitability of candidates (plus two leave vacancies for one year). Details about the School can be viewed at www.mse.ac.in. For Details: Visit Here