Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the positions of two Junior Research Fellow (JRFs) in a multi-institutional project, as given below:
Title of the project
Allele mining for the epigenetic regulator NGR5 and other yield-associated gene (GRF4) and their modulation using multiple genomic and molecular approaches to enhance rice yield under low nitrogen conditions.
- Funding agency ICAR-NASF, Govt. of India
- No. of JRF positions: Two (2)
- Emoluments: Rs. 31,000+HRA
- Duration of the project: 3 years
Under the supervision of: PI: Dr. Gireesha Mohannath. Assistant Professor and SERB-Ramanujan Fellow: Profile
(Phone No: 040-66303697)
Co-PI: Dr. Sridev Mohapatra, Associate Professor, Profile (Phone number: 040-66303697 (O); 8501805291 (M)
Deadline for Application
July 26, 2022 (Tentatively, interviews will be in the first week of August) Selected candidates are expected to register for Ph.D. program of BITS-Pilani Hyderabad campus, subject to the fulfillment of the requirements. Upon admission to the Ph.D. program, funding for additional 2 years (total of 5 years) shall be provided by the Institute (Rs. 31,000 per month), subject to satisfactory performance.
(as recommended by NASF):
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects/disciplines (see the list of disciplines below) with 4 years / 5 years or Bachelor’s Degree. OR Candidates having Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have NET qualifications (CSIR-NET or DBT JRF category II or ICAR ARS NET) and 2 years of research experience.
- Eligible disciplines: M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech in Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Agriculture, and allied sciences with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Previous lab experience in Plant Molecular Biology/rice research/Bioinformatic analysis of sequencing data (like NGS) is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates with the above-mentioned qualifications may send the CV in the given format (see below) only by July 26, 2022, to the email: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview (online or in-person). If you prefer to attend in-person, prior notice will be given but no TA/DA will be given.
FORMAT FOR CV
- Contact Details
i. Mobile No:
ii. Email ID:
i. Bachelors’ Degree (name and overall grade):
ii. Masters’ Degree (name and overall grade):
iii. Any other Degree (name and overall grade):
- Details of qualifying exam, CSIR-UGC (LS) or DBT-JRF category II or ARS NET:
(Please mention the score, year of qualifying and category)
- Research Publications, if any:
- Presentations in Conference proceedings, if any:
(Do not mention if you have only attended the conference)
- Previous relevant work experience, if any:
- Comment on your communication (verbal and written) skills:
- Technical expertise:
(List only those Molecular Biology techniques you are practically familiar with)
- List of three references. Please mention the name and contact details of three faculty/ your employer/ teacher who can endorse your candidature. (Recommendation letters not required).
- A brief statement of interest: Mention why you are interested in pursuing Ph.D. (~200 words)
- Any other relevant information: