Organizer: Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Kanpur
About the Conference
- When: 3rd and 4th February 2024
- Offline Mode only
- Venue: IIT Kanpur
- The registration fee for those selected for presentation at the conference is ₹800
- Accommodation will be provided on twin-shared basis in the guest rooms of the student halls of residence
- The registration fee includes the cost of accommodation and the conference dinner
- All participants would be reimbursed for their travel expenses up to ₹2000
Call for Abstracts
The Department of Humanities, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, invites proposals for paper presentations at its Research Scholars’ Conference on the theme “Boundaries”, in its inaugural year. The multidisciplinary conference will seek to explore borders in their material forms as well as ideas of boundaries or borders as they inform a range of domains such as modes of sociality, political discourse, identity formation, and literary and aesthetic production.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cultural hybridity and Globalization
- Migration and Social Integration
- Environmental Borders
- Partition studies
- Boundaries of memory, trauma and healing
- Aesthetic and generic boundaries
- Intersectionality and Identity
- Gender Binaries
- Disability and the boundaries of possibility
- Self and the Other
- Freedom and constraints
- Epistemic and ontic boundaries
- Human limits
- Policing boundaries
- Boundaries and exchange relations
- Transboundary water politics
- The problem of demarcation in the philosophy of science
- Family, Marriage and Kinship
- Disciplinary boundaries in FineArts/Art History
- Craft/Art division and correlation
Proposals are invited from research scholars in the Humanities and Social Sciences at any institution. Interested candidates may submit abstracts of no more than 300 words by November 20, 2023.
Abstracts (with 3 keywords) are to be suitably anonymised and submitted as a doc/pdf attachment to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email please include under which discipline (English/Philosophy/Sociology/Psychology/Fine Arts) the submission is being made.
- Candidates whose abstracts have been accepted will be informed over email by December 15, 2023.
- The conference will be held on the 3rd and 4th of February, 2024 at IIT Kanpur.
For any clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org