- The edited book is expected to be published by a reputed publisher in India with ISBN and will be available both in print and electronically
- There is no payment for publication
- Authors are provided with a hardcopy/softcopy of the book
The experiences of refugees are both complex and multifaceted, encompassing various dimensions of life, livelihood, and identity. This edited book seeks to explore these aspects in depth, shedding light on the challenges, resilience, and transformative potential of refugee communities worldwide. We invite scholars, academicians, and practitioners to contribute to this edited volume that aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of refugee life, livelihood, and identity.
This edited book will address a wide range of topics related to refugee experiences, with a focus on life, livelihood, and identity. We are particularly interested in contributions that delve into the following areas:
- Refugee Livelihood Strategies: Examining the economic survival strategies adopted by refugees in host countries, including employment, entrepreneurship, and self-reliance.
- Identity and Belonging: Investigating how refugees construct and negotiate their identities in the host societies and how these identities impact their sense of belonging.
- Forced Displacement and Trauma: Analyzing the psychological and emotional challenges faced by refugees as a result of forced displacement and their resilience in coping with trauma.
- Cultural Adaptation and Integration: Exploring the ways in which refugees adapt to new cultures and the role of host communities in facilitating integration.
- Policy and Legal Frameworks: Discussing the legal and policy frameworks that affect the lives of refugees, including asylum, migration, and refugee rights.
- Gender and Intersectionality: Analysing the unique experiences of refugee women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and other marginalized groups within refugee populations.
- Access to Social Services: Assessing the availability and accessibility of education, healthcare, and other essential social services for refugee populations.
- Climate Change, Displacement and Refuge: Explore the intersection of climate change and displacement, examining how environmental factors contribute to forced migration and impact the lives of refugees.
- Human Rights and Advocacy: Examine the role of human rights advocacy in addressing the needs of refugees and ensuring their rights are protected during displacement and resettlement.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Highlight stories of refugees who have engaged in innovative livelihood strategies, entrepreneurship, and economic empowerment in their host countries.
Interested researchers and academicians working in the field of refugee studies and migration are invited to submit their original research or review papers to be considered for inclusion in this edited book. Please follow these guidelines:
- Manuscripts should be between 5000 and 8000 words (excluding references).
- Manuscript should not be less than 3000 words.
- Include an abstract (250-300 words) summarizing the paper’s key findings and contributions.
- Papers should be submitted in 7th edition of APA citation style.
- The full paper should be prepared in English using MS Word. Font type & size: Times New Roman & 12. Spacing 1.5, and margin 1 inch on all four sides.
- The title of the paper should be in capital and bold and font size should be 12, centred at the top of the first page. Followed by name, designation and affiliation of the author(s) should be given.
- Authors must provide a brief bio (100 words) and contact information () along with their submission in a separate MS word file.
- The plagiarism limit of the manuscript should be 10 percent. Authors are advised to send the plagiarism report along with full paper.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous double-blind peer review process to ensure the quality and relevance of the contributions. Authors will receive feedback and have the opportunity to revise their work accordingly.
- The edited book is expected to be published by a reputed publisher in India with ISBN and will be available both in print and electronically. There is no payment for publication.
- Authors are provided with a hardcopy/softcopy of the book.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by the submission
- Submission Deadline: 20 January 2024
- Notification of Acceptance/Revision: 20 February 2024
- Final Manuscripts Submission: 25 March 2024
Submit your full paper with other files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp Group: Join Here
Dr.Maneesh P, Assistant Professor
Department of Economics, School of Liberal Arts & Applied Sciences, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (Deemed to be University), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr.Sunilkumar V, Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science, School of Liberal Arts & Applied Sciences, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, (Deemed to be University), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Aicha EL ALAOUI, Full Professor
Multidisciplinary Research Laboratory in Economics and Management (LARPEG), Sultan Moulay Slimane University, Béni-Mellal, Morocco