Call for Papers: International Conference on Defining the Indefinable: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Cultural Discourses
Organizer: Postgraduate Department of English in association with IQAC, Christ Nagar College, Maranalloor, Thiruvananthapuram
About the Conference
- When: 30 MARCH 2023
Culture is a term that evades a definite definition. The delineation of culture becomes difficult as it is paradoxical in nature. Though culture has its origin in nature, it drastically alters nature
and redefines itself. It has become synonymous with constructs, ideologies, specific codes and hegemony. Mediated and moulded by economics, space, time, memory and history, culture is an amalgamation of everything human. Besides engaging in the construction of meaning, it creates a sense of bonhomie and understanding among people across the globe. It can be a sporting spectacle which draws fans from all around or a piece of art or a food fest or a literary
work embracing the essence of life around or a film depicting a cause, an epoch from history or emotional ecstasy or turmoil. Geographical explorations, conquests, globalization and migration have championed ideas like cultural mosaic and melting pot and have unravelled many of
the mysteries behind the alien cultures, religious practices and the nuances in art, architecture, literature etc.
- Popular Culture, Film and Performing Arts
- Race, Religion and Ethnicity
- Cyber Culture, Posthumanism and Digital Humanities
- Production, Consumption and Politics of Memory
- Trauma, War and Conflicts
- Disability, Marginalization and Pandemic
- Gender, Sexuality and Queer Studies
- Cultural Intermediaries: Marketing and Advertising
- Ecology: Geopolitics and Biopolitics
- Culture Industry: Spaces of Consumption
- Diaspora, Refugees and Identity Crisis
- Travel and Culinary Literature
- Expatriate and Transnational Writings
- Phonology, Speech Technology and Cultural Linguistics
- Counter Culture: Resistance and Resilience
- Oral Traditions and Folk Tales
*Not strictly limited to the given topics
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The research paper must be in English.
- MLA 8 edition is to be followed for citing sources and stylistics.
- Papers should be between 2500 and 4000 words including an abstract of 100-250 words.
- The paper should be original and unpublished.
- The author is solely responsible for plagiarism and copyright infringement if detected.
- Acceptance or rejection is the sole prerogative of editor(s) who may also make suitable modifications to your paper or may ask you for the same if necessary.
- A maximum of three authors are allowed for a paper
|Category||Participation Fee||Presentation Fee|
|UG and PG||Rs 250||Rs 500|
|Research Scholars||Rs. 350||Rs 750|
|Faculty||Rs 500||Rs 1000|
|Foreign Delegates||5 USD||10 USD|
Payment details will be intimated once the paper is accepted.
Selected papers will be published in an International Peer Reviewed Journal/ Conference Proceedings with ISBN.
- Full Paper Submission: 22 March 2023
- Last Date for Payment: 25 March 2023
- Soft copy of the full papers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev Fr Dr Titto Varghese CMI (Director and Manager)
Dr Jolly Jacob (Principal)
Rani Varghese (Head of the Department)
Dr Anjana R. B. (Assistant Professor)
Riju B. Sarajan (Assistant Professor)
Arunthathi Devi A R (Assistant Professor)
Bhagya V. J. (Student Coordinator)
Samuel Godson (Student Coordinator)
Nandana Sreekumar (Student Coordinator)
Dr Anjana R. B.