Organizer: State Council of Educational Research and Training, Delhi
About the Conference (Offline)
- When: 1st -2nd FEBRUARY, 2023
- Venue: SCERT Delhi
- Call for Papers
- TA/DA will be provided as per the norms of SCERT, Delhi
- Selected papers will be published in the conference proceeding with ISBN number
One cannot visualise qualitative improvement in education without focusing on the relationships between school and teacher education. School education is the crucial and foremost phase of the early life of an individual as it provides a foundation for
lifelong learning. Schooling manifests one’s character building in society where the teacher plays a significant role to scaffold this process. Consequently, teacher education becomes pivotal not only to educate the prospective teacher but also to shape the socialisation process through schooling. In this context, epistemological assumptions about knowledge, learner
and learning, teacher and teaching, their implications for curriculum and pedagogical innovations, assessment, and the interface of education and technology have become critical to education. In addition, after 34 years a critical shift has been
proposed in the Indian education system through the National Education Policy 2020. The policy claims to advocate the transformation of the Indian education system through synergy in regulation, governance, execution and aspiration of educational institutions
All the interventions and policy decisions aim to ensure holistic development of learners by bringing collaboration among different stakeholders. So, a discourse among various stakeholders of school and teacher education is required to qualitatively improve the overall teaching-learning environment and to develop a comprehensive understanding of
their roles in the entire process by offering a common platform. Therefore, school and teacher education must converge to complement each other. In this regard, SCERT Delhi is organising a research conference on ‘School and Teacher Education’ in offline mode in Delhi. This conference aims to foster dialogue on practices, implications and challenges for quality education. It is expected that the conference will push researchers to reflect on the issues and challenges that are prevalent in school and teacher education. It further intends to engage multidisciplinary enquiries which may help to simultaneously situate the emerging contours of school and teacher education in the context of global/national discourses, policy prescriptions, advocacies and state policies
CALL FOR PAPERS
The original/unpublished research papers/articles are invited from teachers, teacher educators, research scholars as well as independent researchers. The papers may be in English or Hindi language. The papers should be sent as mentioned in the guidelines. The research paper may fall under the mentioned themes. However, researchers are free to submit papers beyond
these themes but must be related to school and teacher education. Selected papers will be published in the conference proceeding with ISBN number
Themes of the Conference
- Restructuring school education in context of NEP 2020
- Reimagining Teacher Education
- Teacher and school Education for sustainable development
- Policy perspectives in teacher and school education
- Connecting School and teacher education
- Pedagogical transformation
- Equity and social justice
- Autonomy and Accountability
- Diversity and Standardisation
- ICTs and accessibility to learning
- Inclusive Education
- Redefining assessment in education
- Innovations in Teacher and School Education
- Use of machine learning and artificial intelligence in education
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Foundational Literacy & Numeracy
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
- Only original and unpublished work will be considered.
- The research papers must be written in the word limit of 2000-3000 words, 12pt. font size and Times New Roman or Hindi Font with 1.15 line spacing.
- Abstract should be written in 150-250 words with 4 to 5 keywords.
- Tables, illustrations, charts and figures should be serially numbered and duly acknowledged.
- All the references must be in APA 7th edition including in-text citation.
- The first page of the manuscript must incorporate the title of the paper, name of the author/s, affiliation and email address.
- TA/DA will be provided as per the norms of SCERT, Delhi.
Mail your manuscript/paper (MS-Word and PDF file) to email@example.com
- Submission of full paper: 10th December, 2022
- Intimation of provisionally selected papers with suggestions: 20th December, 2022
- Final submission of revised paper: 5th January, 2023
- Confirmation of Invitation to paper presenters: 10th January, 2023
- National Conference: 1st – 2nd February, 2023
CHIEF PATRON: Sh. Ashok Kumar, Secretary (Education), GNCTD
PATRON AND CHAIRPERSON: Sh. Rajanish Kumar Singh, Director, SCERT
CHIEF ADVISOR: Dr. Nahar Singh, Joint Director (Acad.), SCERT
For any query, kindly mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.scert.delhi.gov.in