The Research Associate – Specialist in Language will be primarily responsible for all aspects related to designing Language educational assessments pertaining to various projects of the Assessment Unit. The role may additionally involve project management duties which include but are not limited to setting project timelines/milestones, coordinating closely with various units at ASER Centre and Pratham and/or external clients/donors, training enumerators, and working on the budget.
About the Recruitment
- Employment type: Full time
- Location: New Delhi
- Travel: Travel to rural locations in different states across the country as per need
- Reports to: Unit Head/Senior Research Associate
- Duration: Minimum 2 years’ commitment
- Work experience: 0-2 years
- Deadline: Immediate (open until filled)
- Remuneration: CTC 4.68 lac per annum; negotiable as per experience and qualification
- Development of simple, standardized yet discerning items/assessment tools to check children’s knowledge and skills for various programs in different languages.
- Translating and validating items and content to enhance the quality of the assessment tool
- Facilitate pilot testing of the tools to enhance the quality of items, monitoring, and enumerator training as and when required.
- Drafting and contributing to project reports, articles, and presentations including creating appropriate visualisations for data presentation.
- Developing project timelines, budgets, and operational plans.
- Travel to rural locations in support of these activities.
- A minimum commitment of 2 years is required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Graduation or Post Graduation in Hindi/English Literature, Education, or any other discipline with at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements, but are not limited to:
- Work experience of at least 2 year would be preferred. Experience working in the social sector and with Test Framework design, Item writing, and Field Testing or Experience in teaching in a classroom in language is preferred.
- Proficiency in M.S. Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- High level of communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. Strong communication skills in English and Hindi (written and oral) will be critical. Proficiency in any other Indian language will be an advantage.
- Able to work under minimum supervision, handle work pressure and deliver under tight schedules. Takes initiative and thinks innovatively, respects diversity, and is able to work in large and small groups.
- Be comfortable with traveling extensively to rural locations across the country, sometimes at short notice. Travel, food, and accommodation for work-related travels outside the base location shall be separately borne or reimbursed on actuals by ASER Centre.
- Experience working in educational assessment setup. Understanding of educational assessments and measurement
To apply, please write the job title, “Research Associate – Specialist in Language_Assessment Unit” in the subject line, email the following documents to email@example.com and fill out the Google form link here Research Associate – Specialist in Language ∙
- Updated CV (File name: FullName_CV)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) describing how you make a good fit for this role in up to 500 words. Please give specific examples that align with the job requirements and how does it align with your future career goals. (File name: FullName_SOP)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for three subsequent rounds: telephonic/skype interview, written assignments, and final interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at each stage of the recruitment process.
Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years Pratham has grown to be one o the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN- IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About ASER Centre
Established in 2008, ASER Centre is Pratham’s autonomous research and assessment unit. ASER conducts the largest citizen-led annual household survey of children in India. ASER Centre promotes a culture of evidence-based decision-making and seeks to develop and use simple yet rigorous methods to generate evidence on the scale on the outcomes of social sector programs, especially education. It also aims to strengthen the link between evidence and action by building the capacity of individuals and institutions to design, conduct, understand, and communicate the results of assessments that focus on key outcome indicators.
The assessment Unit at ASER Centre designs assessment tools for National and International Programmes across subjects /domains for Early Childhood Education (ECE), Primary and Upper primary age groups, and EdTech programmes.
Additionally, assessment tools to measure teachers’ effectiveness have also been created and are evolving continuously. In recent times, the Unit has also started developing tools to measure the impact of technology-led learning interventions and adaptive assessment tool design on Android applications.