About the Institusion
Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Punjab State Open University, Patiala-Established by the State Legislature Act No.19 of 2019)
- Total Number of Teaching Posts: 09
- Total Number of Non- Teaching Posts: 09
- his post will be on a contract basis for the period of 01 (one) year
About the Recruitment
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for various Teaching and Non- Teaching posts in the Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Punjab State Open University, Patiala as per details given below. Candidates are required to deposit the prescribed application fees (non-refundable) through Online Mode. Application fees (including GST) will be Rs. 1180/- for General Category and Rs. 590/- for SC/ST & PWD candidates. The SC/ST and PWD candidates who are not domicile of the State of Punjab shall have to pay the application fee as applicable to General Category. The application submitted through online mode ONLY shall be accepted and submission of its Hard Copy is also a must. The Candidates belongs to the reserved category must upload their Punjab Domicile Certificate/Punjab Residence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Opening date for on-line Registration of applications: 03-08-2022
- Last date for on-line Registration/submission of application. : 05-09-2022
- Last date for submitting the hard copy/print out of online application and supporting documents to the Registrar, Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Punjab State Open University, Patiala (Punjab) upto 5:00 pm.: 15-09-2022
Candidates must also fill the Score Card Proforma for Assistant Professors, which is an essential
component of the online application form. For the posts of Professor & Associate Professor, candidates must fill online Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in UGC regulations, and score card performa duly filled in all respects as per guidelines, along with the supporting documents with the hard copy of their application form, which is an essential component of the application form. This PBAS and Score Card proforma and guidelines are available at the university website: www.psou.ac.in. No modification will be allowed subsequently. Research Publications of the Candidates shall be as per the old list of UGC approved Journals published before 16.09.2019 and as per the new UGC care list published after 16.09.2019 respective
Details of Teaching Posts
- Professor in Commerce/Management (01)
- Professor in Computer Science (01)
- Director, Centre for Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA) (01)
- Associate Professor in English (01)
- Assistant Professor in Commerce/Management (01 BC)
- Assistant Professor in English (02) [01 Gen, 01 SC#]
- Assistant Professor in Punjabi (02) [01 PwD, 01 SC#]
Details of Non- Teaching Posts
- Registrar (01)
- Secretary to Vice-Chancellor (01)&
- Assistant Registrar (01)
- System Administrator (01)
- Personal Assistant (01)
- Senior Assistant (02)
- Accountant (01)
- Library Assistant (01)
- Government of Punjab has issued a Notification No. 7/42/2020-5FP1/741- 746 dated 17.07.2020 vide which it is in the process of revising the pay scales of Regular Employees of Government of Punjab as well as Autonomous Bodies i.e. Universities. Because of this notification, the pay scales are not mentioned in the Advertisement issued by Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Punjab State Open
- University, Patiala for candidates who apply for regular posts. The University will provide the information to the Candidates regarding the pay scales as and when it is received from Government of Punjab.
- Appointed candidates will be paid the salary as per Notifications No.7/204/2012- 4FP 1/66, dated 15.1.2015 of Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance (Finance Personnel-I Branch) Chandigarh and as amended from time to time.
- Fresh appointment will be on regular basis.
- Salary of the in-service government employee will be protected.
- Retired persons below 65 years can be considered for teaching posts on contract basis on Last pay drawn minus pension.
- For Non-Pensionable applicants, the Remuneration will be fixed by the Selection Committee at the time of Interview. For Pensionable applicants, the Remuneration will be Last pay drawn minus (-) Pension.
- Person may be appointed on deputation basis from State/Central Government Institutions/Universities