Organizer: HELE-India Group, Supported by A. S. Hornby, Educational Trust, UK and AINET Association of English Teachers
About the Conference
- When: 5th – 6th December 2022
- Call for Papers
- Registration fee Needed
Call for Papers
This conference aims to bring together researchers, students, scholars, teachers, and educationists who are interested in joining the collective discussions and explorations in HELE. Proposals are
invited to present papers on the following topics and any related sub-topics:
- Histories of education, pedagogic processes, policies, textbooks and other material.
- Methods and strategies of historiographic research.
- Impact of other colonial traditions, languages on colonial Indian pedagogy.
- Theorising colonial Indian education historiography.
- Colonial intersections: press, education, and public reforms.
- Missionary and other alternative forms of colonial Indian education.
- Relevance of historical research for ELE in India.
- Any other topics related to the themes mentioned above or to other aspects of HELE may also be considered.
Submission of Proposals
- Papers will be of 20 minutes duration including audience interaction.
- Proposals must be in the prescribed Presentation Proposal Form (link below) and include a 150- word abstract and 30-word presenter bio(s).
- All proposals will be subject to scrutiny and editorial review. Presenters may be asked to make revisions, if necessary, by the Review Committee.
- In case a large number of papers are recommended by the Review Committee, only selected papers may be invited for in-person presentation at the conference. However, all accepted papers will be included in the conference publication.
- Deadline for submitting proposals is 20 October 2022.
- On acceptance of proposals, full papers may be submitted by 20 November 2022.
Click Here for the Presentation Proposal Form
Registration as a delegate is required for participation in the conference. Please complete and submit the Delegate Registration Form (link below) for registering as a delegate.
Link for the payment of delegate fee is included in the form itself.
Please note that only a limited number of delegate places are available and will be given on first- come-first-served basis.
- Delegate registration will close on 20 November 2022.
- Students of a recognised institution – Rs. 1500 (Please upload scanned copy of student ID.)
- Others – Rs. 2000
Click Here for the Delegate Registration Form
- Deadline for proposals submission – 20 October 2022
- Feedback on submissions – 30 October 2022
- Submission of full papers by – 20 November 2022
- Registration of participants closes – 20 November 2022
Prof. Amol Padwad, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi
Prof. Atanu Bhattacharya, Central University of Gujarat
Dr. Krishna Dixit, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi
Dr. R. Vennela, National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Prof. Shreesh Chaudhary, Formerly IIT Madras
Prof. Sailaja Pingali, CELS, University of Hyderabad
Prof. Sunita Mishra, CELS, University of Hyderabad
Dr. Santosh Mahapatra, BITS Hyderabad
Prof. Richard Smith, Warwick University, UK
Conference Coordination Committee
Dr. Vivek Joshi, President AINET
Gondwana University Gadchiroli
Mr. Nadeem Khan, AINET
Prof. Padmini Boruah, AINET
Dr. Milind Mane, AINET
SJGS College, Wardha
Dr. Prithiviraj Thakur, HELE-India Group
GS College, Khamgaon
Mr. S. Ramamoorthy, HELE-India Group
PhD Scholar, University of Hyderabad
Mr. Tanmay Naik, HELE-India Group