Union Public Service Commission invites appli- cations for Combined Geo- Scientist Examination-2024 to fillup Category-I, Category-II Posts in the Geological Survey of India/ Central Ground Water Board.
- Last date for submission of applica- tions: 10-10-2023.
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 18-02-2024
- Date of Main Examination: 22-06-2024.
About the Recruitment
Total No. of posts: 56
Category-I: Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
- Geologist, Group A: 34 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A: 01 Post
- Chemist, Group A: 13 Posts
Category-II: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Scientist ‘B'(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’: 04 Posts
- Scientist ‘B'(Chemical) Group ‘A’: 02 Posts
- Scientist ‘B'(Geophysics) Group ‘A’
Qualification: Master Degree
(Geological Science/Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo Exploration/ Mineral Exploration/Engg. Geology/ Marine Geology/Earth Science/ Resource Management/ Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies/ Petroleum Geosciences/ Geochemistry/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics/Marine Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics/ Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Hydrogeology), M.Sc.(Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
Age Limit: 21-32 Years as on 1.1.2024.
Application Fee: Rs.200 (Female/SC/ ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates exempted from payment of fee).
Plan of examination: Stage I-
Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type), Stage II-Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type), Stage III- Personality Test/ Interview.