Organizer: School of English, in Association with IQAC, DE PAUL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, ANGAMALY, Kerala, India
About the Conference
- When: 24th,25th,26th,28th & 29th MARCH 202
- Free Registration
- Platform: Cisco Webex
- Call for Papers
Selected papers could be published in a peer and bind reviewed Journal; EISSN 2394-2509 ISSN 2394-441
Resistance literature includes, but is not limited to fiction, cinema, drama, poetry, visual art, and song, reflecting the various forms of political resistance throughout history. Resistance literature and media actively resist oppression or oppressive systems in a creative manner. It is one of the frameworks of art that allows movements to communicate and preserve stories of resistance.
Resistance Literature is a wide-ranging and impressive critical study of the literatures of contemporary ‘Third World’ liberation movements as they confront and alter the literary and political categories of the world. Resistance Literature also argues for the crucial political significance of literary texts and, by extension, for the necessity of an informed political commentary on those texts.
Resistance Literature not only analyses literary texts, it also concisely informs readers about some of the urgent political and cultural debates taking place within the liberation movements. Resistance Literature brings critical commentary on what were perhaps previously
unfamiliar or unknown literatures. Resistance Literature offers itself as a truly educational effort. That effort too is a “commitment to the future.” The extent of the power casted by language is far greater than it seems. Language sets the way we see the world. Language is also a form of resistance, which aims to preserve the identity. The power of the word transcends governments and political, social or territorial
limits. The conference also aims at exploring the avenues where culture intersects language. The conference may unravel the politics and pitfalls in the exclusion and inclusion of language in the cultural historiographies of the nation.
Whats App Group: Join Here
Call for Papers
Original, unpublished research papers on the thrust areas are invited from faculty, students and research scholars.
- Literature on War, Refugeeism and Migration
- Black Geographies in Literature
- Sex, Gender and LGBTQIAP+ Narratives
- Tribal Literature
- Dalit Language and Literature
- Minor Languages
- Holocaust Literature
- Cultural Geography
- Anti-colonial Resistance
- Altered Habitats in Contemporary Writing
- Literature and Censorship
- Hybridity in Literature
- Digital Age Resistance
- Film and Resistance
- Abstract shall be submitted as an attachment in about 250 words and should have the name, the official address along with the mobile number and email id of the author.
- Please follow the MLA 9 style while preparing the paper.
- The last date for the submission of abstract: 23rd March
- The full paper should be submitted on or before 25th March
Send your papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Distinguished Guest Speakers:
Dr. Basavaraja Kodagunti, (Assoc Prof. Central University of Karnatak
Dr. Upender Maloth (Asst. Prof. SR University, Telangana)
Dr. Stenza Augustine, (Asst. Prof. Christ College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda)
Dr. Preethi Nair, (Assoc Prof, Sree Sankara College, Kalady)
Dr. Sreekala P.S, (Assoc Prof. Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom, College, Valayanchirangara Perumbavoor
- Day 1: 10.30 am 24-03-2022 – Minor Languages: The strength of India, Dr. Basavaraja Kodagunti, (Assoc Prof. Central University of Karnataka)
- Day 2: 10.30am, 25-03-2022 -Language and Culture: Tribal Struggle for Linguistic and Cultural Recognition in India, Dr. Upender Maloth, (Asst. Prof. SR University, Telangana)
- Day 3, 03 pm, 26-03-2022- Paper Presentations and Discussions- Moderator : Dr. Sreekala P.S , (Assoc Prof. Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College, Perumbavoor)
- Day 4, 10.30 am 28-03-2022 -History of Resistance in South Indian Film, Dr. Stenza Augustine, (Asst. Prof. Christ College, (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda)
- Day 5,10.30 am, 29-03-2022: Paper Presentations and Discussions , Moderator : Dr. Preethi Nair , (Assoc Prof. Sree Sankara College, Kalady
Dr. Unny C.J, Principal
Rev. Fr. Geroge Pottayil, Director
SanilKumar P.S, (HOD): 9645224100
Anju V Nair, 9497366340 – B Noble, 8281969785
Abiya Shaju 8281535365 – Anupama R 7561079359
De Paul Institute of Science & Technology (DiST), De Paul Nagar, Angamaly South P.O,
Angamaly, Ernakulam, Kerala. Pin :683573 , Ph: 0484-2911800
About College: De Paul Institute of Science & Technology (DiST),Angamaly is a leading educational institution run by Vincentian fathers and is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Functioning under the auspices of a group of dedicated staff and academicians, DiST is committed to impart premier education and upholds an unparalleled reputation in the educational scenario of Kerala. The college offers Post Graduate and Under Graduate courses in various disciplines. Aiming at the holistic development of students, the institution also serves as an arena for a wide variety of activities, fostering and nurturing the academic, artistic, creative as well as athletic skills of young minds.