Organizer: Department of Psychology & Department of Economics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat
About the Programme
- When: 8th February, 2023 to 17th February, 2023
- Free Registration
- VENUE: Humanities Building, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar-388120, Gujarat
OBJECTIVES OF COURSE
The capacity-building programme aims to improve the learning outcomes of the students by training the faculty members and enabling an enriching and inclusive classroom environment. Further, the training facilitates the teachers to become more alert and responsive to the social, emotional, and psychological needs of students as first-level counsellors. It is also aims to develop participants’ ability to enable change in their respective educational institutions. Participants will be immersed in new methodologies to be able to implement change upon their return to their home institutions. This programme is specially designed for the college and university teachers of social sciences like Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Social work, Management, Geography, Commerce, History etc. More specifically the Course aims to address the following aspects.
- To develop understanding on philosophy of research.
- To develop skills to prepare an appropriate research proposal, including conducting an overview of literature, formulating research questions and hypotheses, collection of information and analysis.
- Help them to understand the application of appropriate Statistical techniques in various types of researches keeping in mind nature of the data.
- Enhance the capability for planning and writing a research paper/book for publication.
- To acquaint the participants with the latest developments and trends in the field of Social Science research.
The course is expected to benefit participants from all social sciences. By the end of the programme, they are expected to develop conceptual clarity and practical knowledge to undertake quality research and writing good research papers, field reports and project proposals etc.
The scientific committee will be constituted by the director and co-director for the selection of participants and the selected candidates will be informed by 1st February, 2023. (SC & ST Candidates will be given priority in selection.)
Interested candidates are requested to send their application to the coordinators along with dully filled up application form, (format enclosed) so as to reach us latest by 30th January, 2023