About the Webinar
- When: Tuesday 9 August 2022
- Time: 16:30 IST
- Online: a Zoom link will be provided
- E Certificate
Who is this webinar for?
Exclusively for Teacher Educators who have a role in supporting the professional development of English language teachers.
Certificates of attendance are available for all attendees. The link to obtain your certificate is provided in the following places:
- At the end of the webinar in the chat box
- In the ‘Thank you for attending email’ that you will receive 1 day after the webinar.
- At the end of the feedback survey once you have answered the questions.
- You should type your name on the certificate and download it. We recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to do this.
What is this webinar about?
The second webinar in our interactive series will be facilitated by Laura McWilliams, a teacher educator at the British Council who uses her experience, insight and passion to discuss some of the key questions relating to gender in teacher education. Laura takes a practical look at issues of bias and representation in the materials, language and interaction patterns we use in the training room and suggests simple ways for teacher educators to promote gender equality.
About the speaker
Laura McWilliams is the Head of Young Learners for the British Council, for the Middle East & Africa region, based in Cairo. She is a highly experienced teacher educator and is a tutor on the Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate and the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. She has specific expertise and considerable practitioner experience in promoting gender equality in English Language Teaching through her work in supporting teachers. She presents regularly at national and international conferences and volunteers on the IATEFL Young Learners and Teenagers Special Interest Group committee to support the global YL ELT community.