Organizer: The Department of Psychology & Centre for Media Studies, Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous, Koramangala, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560095
About the Conference (Hybrid Mode)
- When: 24 January 2023
- Registration Fee Needed
- Call for Papers
Media and mental health are, by and large, two sides of the same coin. Over the past decade, media consumption has maximized exponentially with the advancement of new media technologies, especially, social media and OTT platforms. The pandemic had most people of the world holed up in their homes with handheld devices and unlimited access to media. This, as expected has given rise to a lot of mental health issues such as anxiety related disorders, depression, addictive disorders, eating disorders, low self-esteem and various issues related to body image. But all is not lost, media also has a positive effect
on mental health by spreading awareness on mental health issues, enabling better connections, maintaining relationships, providing a forum for self-expression and building stronger communities.
Call For Papers
Original and unpublished research papers are invited for presentation in the multi-disciplinary areas related to the conference theme on the following topics
- Media Related Addiction and Effects
- Social Media Bullying
- Positive/Negative Psychological Impact of Digital Media
- Psychological Impact of Para-Social Interaction
- Cinema Therapy
- Effect of OTT Consumption on Mental Health
- Advertisement and Psychology
- Digital Well-Being and Quality of life/Life satisfaction
- Media Induced Suicide/Copycat suicide
- Portrayal of Psychopathology in Movies/Series.
- Media and Body Image
- Media Sexism/ Gender and Media
- Pro-social Effects of Media
- Media and Violence
- Cognitive and Behavioral Effects of Advertising on Children and Adolescence
- Ethical Issues in the Use of Media
- Active and Passive Audiences
- Color Psychology
- Media & Consumer Behavior
- Media Dependency During Pandemic/Post Pandemic
- Use/Abuse of Social Media Influencer
- Please feel free to explore more research themes pertaining to media psychology.
- ● Professionals/ Faculty R 1250
- ● Research Scholars R 950
- ● Students R 450
- ● Foreign Delegates $ 35
- ● Poster presentation R 450
Paper Submission Guidelines
Papers relating to theme/sub-themes of the conference, are invited. The sub-theme in which the paper must be included, and form of presentation (Online/Offline) should be mentioned. The paper should be typed in MS Word file format and sent to the conference mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org For further clarification contact the organizing committee.
- Abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- All submissions must be original and should not have been previously accepted for publication in any other journal, or presented in any other conference. The similarity index of the paper must not exceed 15% (Plagiarism).
- The abstract must describe the purpose, method used for the study and results or implications.
- 7th Edition APA format
- Include details of the author and all co-authors with affiliation. The details of authors should include Name, organization to which affiliated, email address and phone number.
- As the conference is in hybrid mode, paper presenters may also choose online mode for paper presentation during registration.
- Selected papers will be published in UGC-Care journal, with extra publication charges which will be intimated to all the authors.
- Best paper presentation and Poster presentation
Participants can pay online through electronic fund transfer (FFT)/NEFT/RTGS using the following account number
Beneficiary Name : Saji P M
Name of the Bank : SOUTH INDIAN BANK, BANGALORE
Branch Name : CHRIST COLLEGE BRANCH
Account No. : 0396053000081586
IFSC Code : SIBL0000396
● Abstract Submission 30 December 2022
● Selection of Abstracts 5 January 2023
● Full paper submission 15 January 2023
● Review and Feedback 20 January 2023
● Final paper submission 22 January 2023
Saji P Mathew OFM | Dr Akeela P | Dr Rupa Peter | Mr Nikhil Banerjee A | Dr Veni R K | Dr Tejaswini Padikkal
Shobika D Mahindra : +91 910 877 7070
Jyothika Krishnan : +91 702 612 3348
Mr Nikhil Banerjee A : +91 729 350 5962
Dr Akeela P : +91 962 050 1442
Email : email@example.com
About the College
Jyoti Nivas College is a premier autonomous institute affiliated to Bengaluru City University in Bengaluru, India. It was established by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes and since its inception in 1966 the college has been providing comprehensive and balanced education to women. Jyoti Nivas is accredited with A+ Grade by the NAAC in 2021 and has been conferred ‘College of Excellence’ (CE) by the UGC for excellent endeavours in the field of education. The institute has integrated knowledge, industry, experience, and international exposure to offer contemporary programmes that are in tune with the requirement of today’s business and academic world.
About the Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology was started in 1968 and caters to the increasing need of young adults to pursue a comprehensive education in the field of behavioural sciences and create the psychologists of the future. Manasi – The Psychology Association provides a medium for both professional psychologists and students to explore and examine psychological issues outside the classroom.
About the Centre for Media Studies
The Centre for Media Studies at Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous has four programmes in media studies, namely, Journalism & Mass Communication, Visual Communication & Performing Arts, Communicative English, and Journalism. The students are provided with in-depth theoretical knowledge into all forms of media, namely, print, radio, television, cinema, new media, and social media. Plus, they are given hands-on practical training on technologies involved in the content creation for print, electronic, new media, and cinema.