Introductory Summer School in Astronomy and Astrophysics
About the Summer School
The summer school for students will be held for five weeks during May – June of every even-numbered year. It is designed to introduce students to the exciting fields of astronomy and astrophysics (A&A). No previous knowledge of Astronomy and Astrophysics is necessary, though familiarity with the basic principles of mathematics and physics is required.
This year the summer school will be conducted in-person at IUCAA and the lectures will be conducted offline. The school will consist of lectures covering the fundamentals of A+A as well as recent developments in the field. The lecturers for the school will be drawn from the leading A&A centres in India.
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Students in the final year B. Sc. (Physics/Applied Mathematics/Astronomy/Electronics)
- Students in third year and onwards of B.Tech./B.E. (any branch) / Integrated M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Mathematics/Astronomy/ Electronics)
- Students pursuing M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Mathematics/Astronomy/Electronics)
Message from the ISSA 2023 coordinators:
The Introductory Summer School on Astronomy & Astrophysics 2023 will be organised at IUCAA from May 15 to June 16, 2023.
click here to apply online
- The last date for applying is February 28, 2023.
- The last date for referees to submit their recommendations is March 05, 2023.
For questions, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.