Duggal Centre of ESG at IIMA- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
The Duggal Centre of ESG at IIMA is hiring full time research Assistants to facilitate research on topics related to Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance. The goal of the Centre is to provide impetus for focused research related to ESG measures employed by private and public organizations within the overall economic framework externality accounting, valuation, and business process transitions. The Centre undertakes applied and outcome driven research on ESG that would address issues related to formulation of strategies and policies related to ESG by corporations, think-tanks, non-governmental organizations, and governmental/quasi-governmental bodies. Research Assistants are expected to work independently within the scope of their responsibility.
Required qualifications & Skill
- Applicants must have a Masters / PhD (preferably) degree in Management/Economics/Finance/Statistics (from top-tier institutions) with outstanding grades.
- Applicants are required to have demonstrable experience in independently designing and executing workflows for data aggregation at scale, statistical analysis and modelling techniques commonly used in the fields of Management, Economics, and Finance.
- Applicants are expected to have good proficiency in using statistical software like R and/or STATA.
- Familiarity with open source databases like MySQL and/or PostgreSQL, and programming languages like Python and/or Julia are desirable.
- Applicants must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can work in a team environment.
The position will be initially offered for a period of six months and may be extended depending on performance, at the discretion of the faculty supervisors. A Research Assistant will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and may be required to travel within India.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application and deadline: Candidates meeting the above criteria should send their CV and relevant documents by 20th January 2022
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a telephone, or zoom/Skype, or in-person interview.
We will only contact candidates shortlisted for an interview. We will not send out letters of rejection to other applicants. Emails asking for status updates will not be entertained.