JRF Recruitment Under NBHM, DAE Sponsored Research Project
Applications are invited for the post of “Junior Research Fellow (JRF)” position to work on National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), India, funded sponsored research project (Ref. No. 02011/46/2021 NBHM(R.P.)/R&D II/14874) at Department of Humanities and Sciences. IIPE Visakhapatnam. The requisite qualifications, experience and other details are given below.
- File No: IIPE/MA/SR/NBHM/2021/Gen-Admin/02
- Application deadline: 22nd August, 2022
Details of Fellowship
Project Title: Design and Development of Numerical Schemes for Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws
Name of the Principal Investigator: Dr. Samala Rathan
Tenure of project: 2 years 7 months. The position is temporary and coterminous with the project.
Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow (01-post)
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000.00/- per month +18% of HRA* (first two years) Rs. 35,000.00/- per month + 18% of HRA* (for third year)
Essential Qualifications: (a) M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Mathematics with a consistent first class record (b) A valid NET/GATE/NBHM
Desirable qualifications: Good academic record and knowledge in the relevant area, preferably: Partial Differential Equations. Numerical Analysis, C/C++/Python Programming
Good analytical ability and technical writing skills.
Duration of initial appointment**: 7 months
Upper age limit: Not more than 28 years as on last date; relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/PH and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category
How to Apply
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to send the filled application form with copy of self-attested certificates to the Principal Investigator (Dr. Samala Rathan) via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “NBHM JRF Position-Name of the candidate” on or before 22nd August, 2022.
Short-listed candidates will be intimated by e-mail only. Decision of Director, IIPE will be final in all aspects.
Terms and Conditions:
- Selection committee of IIPE Visakhapatnam reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short-listing of eligible candidates.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on merit and experience of the available candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview and decision of section committee will be final. The date and time of interview will be informed by email to candidates and hence a valid email ID should be provided by candidate in the application.
- Qualification should be from a recognised university. Mere fulfilling the essential qualifications does not guarantee for the interview call and selection.
- Eligibility and age will be considered as on the last date of application. 5. Candidates should furnish original certificates at the time of joining. 6. The post is to be filled up only on purely temporary basis.
- The appointment can be terminated with one-month notice or one-month salary from either side without assigning any reason.
- Since the post is purely temporary, the incumbent selected shall have no claim for regular appointment under IIPE or continuation of his/her service in any other project.
- Benefits of provident fund, CCA, leave travel concession, medical benefits etc. are not applicable.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to attend interview or joining post and candidates should have make his/her own arrangement for stay for interview or joining.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
- The candidate shall work in the above-mentioned project and other related work that may be assigned from PI from time to time.