Organizer: Department of English,Vigyaan College of Applied Sciences (Affiliated to University of Kerala and recognised by Government of Kerala), Sasthagiri, Kattakode P.O, Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram- 695572
About the Seminar
- When: January 2023 10th and 11th
- Registration Fee Needed
- Call for Papers
- All the papers presented in the National Seminar will be published in the proceedings
Papers are invited from Postgraduate students and research scholars who are interested in participating in the seminar
Theme and objective of the National Seminar
Scholars have always been preoccupied with the developments in literary arena and the outgrowth of postmodernism. The National Seminar on ‘The Postmodern Paradigm: Literature of the 21st Century’ for PG students and research scholars would focus on the influence and
transitions that have branched from this genre due to various social, cultural, political, economic, and religious changes in the global arena, and their representations in literature and popular culture. Participants are encouraged to explore the uncertainties, anxieties, fragmentation and complexities of the current era and their representation in the field of art by touching the contours of postmodernism.
The objective of the seminar is to create a glorious platform for students and scholars to share experiences about the interconnectedness, intertextuality, resistance, fragmentation, and seamless possibilities of new horizons of literature. It also exhibits a chance at meaningful discussions among professionals involved in the teaching of English literature and language.
- • Postmodernism: An Overview
- • Postmodernism and representations in various literary genres
- • Postmodernism and Indian English Literature
- • Postmodernism and Cultural Conflict
- • Postmodernism and Digital Literature
- • Postmodernism and Eco-literature
- • Postmodernism and Literary Theory
- • Postmodernism: Textuality and Intertextuality
- • Postmodernism: The Role of Language in Literature
- • Globalisation and Multi-culturalism
- • Identity Crisis in Postmodern works of art
- • Power politics and consumerism in Postmodern Literature
Invite students to contribute to the seminar with papers that address themes pertaining to the thrust areas mentioned
above. The papers will be reviewed by a panel of experts, and the authors of the selected papers will be informed by email. Shortlisting of papers will be purely based on the quality of papers.
Guidelines for Submission
Abstract and full paper should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include following information, in the document
Title of proposal
Body of proposal
- ✓ An abstract of 250-300 words and the research paper should be submitted through mail latest by 7th of January, 2023.
- ✓ File must be in Microsoft Word format
- ✓ Paper size: A4, Font & size: Times New Roman 12, whereas the title must be in 14 point size, bold.
- ✓ Spacing: Double space, Margin: 1 inch on all four sides.
- ✓ Word – limit: Minimum: 2000 Maximum: 3000 words
- ✓ Only those papers will be granted for review which are not published elsewhere or submitted for publication.
- ✓ The authors will have to strictly follow MLA 8th in preparing their papers.
- ✓ Authors are requested to use end note instead of foot note.
- ✓ Authors cannot use their names anywhere in the manuscript except in the title page.
- ✓ Please mention the details of your institutional affiliation after your name, on the title page.
- ✓ All manuscript must include a maximum 250 words abstract, next to the title page.
- ✓ The papers submitted should evince serious academic work contributing to new knowledge and innovative critical perspectives on the subject explored.
- ✓ Authors are requested to follow the strict ethics of writing scholarly papers and should be aware of plagiarism.
Authors are requested to submit their manuscript to email@example.com
The order of the content must be as per the following sequence:
Title page with the authors name and institutional details
Abstract and Keywords
Main body of the text
End note (if required)
Declaration and Bio-note
- Submission of papers: on or before January 7,2023
- Intimation of Acceptance: January 8,2023
- Processing and Subscription fee for Research Scholars: 250/-
- Processing and Subscription fee for PG Students: 200/-
Arun S Kaimal
Head of the Department
Vigyaan College of Applied Sciences
Abja G Rasheed
Assistant Professor and Coordinator
Vigyaan College of Applied Sciences