Organizer: Department of English, T. M. Jacob Memorial Government College
Manimalakunnu, Koothattukulam, Ernakulam, Kerala – 686662 (Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam)
About the Seminar
- When:19th and 20th December, 2023
- Venue: . M. Jacob Memorial Government College, Manimalakunnu
- Call for Papers
Apocalyptic narratives of infection, contagion and global pandemic are an inescapable part of twenty-first-century
popular culture. The seminar tries to offer multiple critical insights on how contagions operate in words, in narratives, and in visual media. The vocabulary and metaphors of outbreak narratives
have permeated the ways in which news media, policymakers and the general public view the real world and the people within it. The seminar looks at the ways we narrativise real world disaster, and the disastrous ways we have shared information and misinformation in the new millennium.
POTENTIAL TOPIC AREAS
- Outbreak Narratives
- Contagion and Language
- Contagion and Popular Culture
- Contagion and Cultural Memory
- Aesthetics of Contagion
- Contagion and Films
- Gendered Dimensions of Pandemic in Literature and Films
- Zombification and Pandemic
- Pandemic and Media
- Pandemic and Disability studies
- Pandemic and Health Humanities
- Pandemic and Apocalyptic Narratives
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Participants are requested to send the abstracts based on their original and unpublished research articles related to the above-mentioned topics in about 250 words.
- The names, affiliations, mobile number, email address and full mailing address of all authors must be mentioned.
- Use Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, 12 pts
- Abstracts and papers should be documented as per the 9th edition of the MLA Handbook.
- The article should be plagiarism free and thoroughly checked and proofread before submission.
Send your abstracts to email@example.com
Sachin N., Associate Professor, Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi
Dr Arunlal Mokeri, Government College, Mokeri.
Dr Lekshmi R Nair, Government College, Kottayam
Dr Rajesh James, S.H.College, Thevara
- Last date for submission of Abstracts: 20th November 2023
- Intimation of selected Abstracts: 25th November 2023:
- Last date for submission of full paper: 5th December 2023
- Date of Seminar: 19th and 20th December, 2023
Dr Shima Mathew -9496343906
Ms.Remya K Palamattom – 9746227737