The National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT is organizing a reel-making competition on the occasion of the 6th anniversary of UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance).
About the Competition
- Start Date : Nov 08, 2023
- Last Date : Dec 08, 2023
Rewards and Certificate
- The winning entries will be awarded a cash prize.
- 1st Prize- Rs. 15,000/-
- 2nd Prize- Rs. 12,000/-
- 3rd Prize- Rs. 10,000/-
- 7 Consolation Prizes: Rs. 2000/- each
The reel should highlight UMANG app’s features and/or benefits to Indian citizens. You can use your imagination to be as creative as possible without the use of any offensive words or derogatory content (political/religious/inappropriate slur).
Themes of the Competition
- How UMANG has made citizens’ life easy & simple.
- Relevance of the UMANG platform in the age of Digital India
- Tell about the various benefits of using the UMANG App
- What change has the use of the UMANG app brought in your life? Highlight its advantages
- Why should we call the UMANG App a ‘Super App’? Share your thoughts
- Share your personal experience of using the UMANG App and talk about your favorite features
UMANG, a key initiative under the Digital India program, facilitates a single point of access to government services. It acts as a master application, integrating services from various sectors such as agriculture, education, health, housing, etc., and enables users to access e-services from the Central Government, the State Governments, local bodies & their agencies.
UMANG brings governance on users’ fingertips through a ‘mobile first’ strategy. It is a multilingual app developed and operated by NeGD, MeitY to fast-track ‘mobile governance’ in India and abridge inconvenience faced by users in managing multiple mobile apps.
To commemorate the occasion of 6 Years of UMANG, NeGD, in collaboration with MyGov, invites citizens to create a suitable video (in reel format) that should encapsulate Digital India’s mission and values and serve as a celebratory message to communicate the importance of the UMANG platform.
- Submission Format: A portrait-mode MP4 video of a maximum 90 seconds.
Login to Participate: Visit Here
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the contest is open to all entrants, who are residents of India or of Indian
origin. Though employees of NeGD / MeitY/ MyGov / SeMT and UMANG’s partner
organizations, past or present, and their immediate family members may participate,
they shall not be considered in the list of winners.
- The competition is open to individuals only.
- Submissions through file-sharing platforms or sharing online links to portfolios will not be accepted.
- The reel should be in a portrait-mode MP4 video of a maximum 90 seconds.
- All submissions must be original and not infringe upon any existing copyrights or trademarks.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, incomplete, or could not be submitted due to any issue/error, technical or otherwise, which is beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note that the ‘proof of submission’ of the entry is not the ‘proof of receipt’ of the same.
- If a winner is not reachable within five working days from the announcement of the results, the corresponding prize shall be deemed to have been forgone and another winner shall be selected from the remaining eligible entries, in accordance with the above process, until the winner is contactable.
- Organizers reserve the right to disqualify and/or refuse/restrict the participation of anyone, if, in their reasonable assessment, such participation and/or association of any participant is detrimental to the contest and/or organizers and/or partners of the contest.
- The content must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- MeitY will reserve the right to use the submitted material in external communication and knowledge products giving due credit to the creator. Participants may be required to furnish proof of identity if requested.
- By participating in the competition, winners agree to use their names and submissions for publicity and promotional purposes related to the competition. Further, each participant will be required to provide their name, email address, telephone number, and postal address for submitting their entry.
- One participant can submit a maximum of one entry only. Once submitted an entry
cannot be withdrawn.
- Registration shall be void if the information received by the organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false or erroneous.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the contest at any time, including the terms and conditions.
- Organizer’s decision on the result of the competition shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained regarding the same.
- By entering the competition, participants accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions, as mentioned above.