Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India 2023 is an opportunity offered by Samsung (India) in partnership with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s (MeitY) Startup Hub, and Foundation for Innovation & Technology (FITT), IIT Delhi. Participants will get a chance to work on solving global challenges with game-changing tech solutions.
Eligibility: Open for Indian students between the age group of 16 to 22 years. The applicants must have an original concept in terms of Science and Technology or be able to promote a whole new product with social and economic consequences.
- Prizes & Rewards: Up to INR 50,00,000 and other benefits (one-time)
- Last Date to Apply: 31-05-2023
- English and Hindi are accepted
- This competition is open to Indian nationals only
In the first round, applications will be screened basis their relevance to a social problem, technical feasibility, market potential, and team competence by subject matter experts from the “Foundation of Innovation & Technology Transfer (FITT) – IIT Delhi.” Your idea will fall under examination using the following criteria:
- Significance of the problem statement & its impact on society
- Proposed solution’s novelty and viability
- Qualifications of the group or individual
- Plan for commercialization
Your ideas will be screened in the second and third rounds by a jury comprising industry veterans from Samsung.
The program has 3 phases:
- Phase 1: In phase 1, applications received on the website from all over India will go through experts’ radar, who will then select the top 30 teams for the next round. The website portal allows teams to check the status of their applications.
- Phase 2: In the second phase, teams will undergo training by industry and academic professionals during a five-day boot camp held at IIT Delhi. Teams are then requested to pitch their idea to a jury comprising Samsung experts responsible for finalizing the Top 10 teams.
- Phase 3: These Top 10 finalist teams will get advanced training as an orientation towards business activities, capturing their journey and the origin of their idea. Along with mentoring for proof-of-concept development, business plan, and essential soft skills required for becoming the next generation of entrepreneurs. Teams are then requested to pitch their idea one last time in front of a jury panel to be among the Top 3 winning teams at the grand finale event.