Organizer: Department of Fashion Technology, Sona College of Technology, Salem, Tamilnadu.
About the Symposium
- When: 10th November 2022 and 11th November 2022
- Registration Fee Needed
- Registration Fees: Minimum Rs.300/- Per Participant for Any 2 Events
- Mode of Event Virtual
- Attractive Prizes
Online Technical Events: (10.11.2022)
- Paper Presentation
- Fashion Illustration
- Surface Ornamentation
Online Technical Events: (11.11.2022)
- Worth from Waste
- Technical Quiz
- Fashion Show
• Smart Garments & Wearable Technology
• Fashion Industry After Covid-19
• Nano Technology in Textile.
• Digitalization In Fashion Industry
• New Innovative Fibers/Fabrics/Finishes for Technical Textile
• Application Of CAD/CAM In Modern Clothing
• Latest Innovations in Apparel Manufacturing
• Sustainability In Textiles/ Fashion
• Application Of AI/IOT/Robots/ 3D Printing in Fashion Industry
• Artificial Intelligence and Augment Reality
• Health Care and Medical Textiles
• Green Textile/ Eco-Friendly Textile
• Clothing Nanotechnology in Textiles
• A Vision About Vintage Clothing
• An Era of Retro Fashion
• The Role of Garments in Ancient Societies
• Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Fashion Retailing.
• Fashion Forecasting Of 2023
• Maximum 4 participants per team.
• Submit abstract on or before 07 November 2022 (Monday).
• Abstract should be sent to email@example.com
• Final contestants will be selected based on the abstract submitted and will be intimated through e-mail.
• Timing per team: 6mins for presentation and 2 minutes for Queries.
• Mode of presentation: Online Presentation with MS Teams Using Power Point.
• Ensure good internet connection before proceeding
• Participants should switch on their camera during presentation and queries session
- • Mr.Vijay B 63832 04691
- • Ms.Monicarasi G 96297 91841
- • Mr.Eniyan T K 63804 58712
- • Ms.Guhhapriya G 93616 29481
- • Mr.Sivakumar K 98656 84305
- • Dr.Ramesh Kumar M 98943 10132
- • Ms.A Menisha 87540 32572
• Theme will be given on the spot
• The video should be on throughout the illustration-making process
• Follow head theory if known
• Photos of 3 stages should be submitted at beginning, during the work, and at the end
• Illustration should be based on the given theme only
• Mode of Presentation: Microsoft teams link will be shared for registered candidates
• Colors of any medium can be used
• A4/A3 and charts can be used
• Time Duration : Maximum of 90 min
- • Mr.Pavish.T 82204 27423
- • Ms.Sri Akshaya.R 63858 41667
- • Mr.Gokul.K 97916 89238
- • Mr.Balakumar.R 96599 71023
- • Mr.Karthikeyan M R 99427 39787
- • Ms.Keerthiga P 77084 08368
- • Ms.Chandra Priya N 63748 46445
• Individual event
• Mode: Online [Microsoft Teams]
• Fabric Type: Plain white fabric
• Fabric Dimensions: 15×15 inches
• Theme: On the Spot
• Any type of surface ornamentation strictly based on given theme could be done [like Fabric Painting, Embroidery, Mirror work, Beads works etc.]
• Event Duration – 2 hours.
• Briefing about the work is required at the end of event
• Designs should be creative and unique
• Camera should be on till end of the event
• Final work and detailed briefing of it in a separate paper should be uploaded in Google form as pdf format.
• Pictures should be taken at starting of work, in the middle of work and at the completion of work. [3 images in total]
• All materials should be readily available with the participant.
• Moving around the room after the start of event will not be entertained.
• Violation of any of the rules by participant will lead to disqualification.
• Camera should be on during competition.
- • Ms.Aswini P 63796 66281
- • Mr.Sivaranjithkumar R 82208 03646
- • Mr.Prasath A 79049 66899
• Ms.Kanimozhi J 90429 42407
• Ms.Aiswarya V Mohan 82818 43531
• Ms.Bhuvaneshwari A 96774 44309
Worth from Waste
• Team shall consist of 2 members only.
• Event timing is 1hr 30 mins in which participants will be given 1hour and 25 min to show their creativity and 5 minutes for explaining their work.
• Strictly no extra time will be given beyond 1hr 30 mins.
• The required waste materials and stationery items like scissor, thread, etc. should be arranged by the participants for themselves.
• Waste material could be anything like tetra packs, bottles, newspapers, old utensils and any kind of textile items used in our daily life.
• No preprepared materials or semi prepared materials are allowed for the competition.
• Judgement will be based on Creativity, Utilization of Resources, Artistic composition & design, Utility of the Product, scope for commercialization and Overall Presentation.
• Camera should be ON from START to END of the competition. Students will be monitored throughout the event by juries and coordinators.
• All the raw materials going to be used should be shown at the start of the event. Juries will verify whether only the shown raw materials are used.
• If any malfunctions like turning off camera or using prepared materials were found, then the team will be disqualified directly at any stage of the competition.
• Participants should upload the pictures of making the final product/item at five different stages, from raw materials to finished item.
- • Mr.Ramanes S 93614 30449
- • Ms.Srirama.R 91507 74369
- • Ms.Bhavadharani A 96559 42922
- • Mr.Prabhu.A 63748 09155
- • Dr.Priyalatha S 98427 74488
- • Ms.Rashma R 99943 69084
• Maximum 2 members per team.
• Preliminary round will be conducted using Google forms on 11th November 2022 at 9.30am
• Shortlisted teams will be selected for final round
• Mobile phone is not allowed during quiz program
• Usage of calculator is not allowed during quiz program
• The medium of the questions will be only English.
• If there is any tie up among the participants about average score, it will be solved by taking another round or set of rounds
• Rules and Regulations can be changed on time which will depend upon circumstances and number of Entries
• Camera should be ON till the end of the event.
• Ensure you have good and stable internet connection for taking up the quiz.
• Final round will be conducted through online mode – Microsoft teams.
• All the rights related with the competition are reserved to Organizers of SARTORIA ’22.
- • Mr.Sharan Raj G 88704 94070
- • Mr.Sivakumar P 89253 53757
- • Ms.Kanakhalakshmi A 63744 66524
- • Ms.Angelin Rajakumari P 95663 90150
- • Ms.Kiruthika B 97915 33996
- • Mr.K Mani 96004 66578
- • Dr.S M Udaya Krithika 87546 63073
• Elements of nature
• Digital fashion
• Street style
• Indo western
• Graffiti theme
• Gothic theme
• Recreation Fashion
• Maximum number of participants: 5 (including models and designers).
• Number of costumes per team: 2 (minimum) and 5 (maximum).
• Costumes should be made on your own creation.
• Vulgarity is strongly prohibited. Any form of obscenity will lead to debarring the team from the contest.
• No tube tops, No strapless/single strap , dress should be at least knee length, no cleavage exposing and no backless (unless traditional).
• The video must be shot with utmost clarity and quality.
• You can add music if you want.
Uploading Details and Instructions:
• The duration of the video should not exceed 3 Minutes.
• Video size should not exceed 200 MB and the video format should be .mp4.
• Image size should not exceed 50 MB and the image format should be .jpg or .png.
• Participants must name the file in the following format: Team No._Teamname_Your College.
- Registration Fees: Rs.300/Participants/Any 2 Events
Kindly Make the Payment for the Following Account Number and Attach the Payment Receipt
Account Number: 500101012509149
Account Holder Name: Sona College of Technology FT Dept
Name of the Bank: City Union Bank
Branch Details: Main Branch Salem
IFSC Code: CIUB0000042
- • Ms.Gayatri R 90923 25668
- • Ms.Kanishya R S 63852 21326
- • Ms.Samirah S 73588 86091
- • Mr.Hussain A 93602 54507
- • Mr.Sivagurunathan S 99944 96891
- • Ms.Birundha B 93617 51991
- • Mr.Arul Mozhi Vendhan P B 73387 17028
- • Dr.Vidya T 96552 12311
- • Mr.Rajesh Kumar C 99522 02211
Dr.D.Raja – Professor and HoD
Mobile number: 9789287085
Mr.M R.Karthikeyan – Assistant Professor
Mobile Number: 99427 39787
Ms.J.Kanimozhi – Assistant Professor
Mobile Number: 90429 42407
Mr. Ajmal Manash R 96880 84672
Ms. Vijaysri R E 93855 32798
Mr. Mithun Karthik S 6382 939 341
Ms. Nandhini J 95145 61140
College Address: Department of Fashion Technology, Sona College of Technology, Junction Main Road, Salem – 636 005, Tamil Nadu.