Organizer: Indian Council of Social Science Research Southern Regional Centre, (Ministry of Education, Govt. of India) Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, In Collaboration with Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, AP (Women’s University), NACC A+
About the Training Session
- When: 3rd to 10th July, 2023
- Mode: Offline Only
A total of 30 (20 Outstation and 10 from Andhra Pradesh) women Ph.D. Research Scholars would be selected from the States and Union Territories in Southern Region, namely i.e., Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Union Territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry.
- The aspects like representation of different Social Science Disciplines, Social Background, etc., shall also be taken into consideration while selecting the Candidates
- The Selected Outstation candidates will be provided with free accommodation and food during the course period. The Outstation participants will be reimbursed with the Sleeper Class Train (No Tatkal) fares/ Non A.C. Bus fares (Govt.) in shortest routes. However, the fellowship holders are not entitled to avail TA reimbursement.
- Attendance for all the sessions throughout the Research Methodology Course period is compulsory or otherwise the certificate shall not be issued.
- The Selected Candidates are required to bring their own personal laptop for the purpose of Hands-on-Experience
- Women Ph.D. Research Scholars of all Social Sciences from Universities / Institutions belonging to Southern Region (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Telangana and Union Territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry) are eligible to apply for this RMC.
- The Ph.D. Research Scholars who have completed their Coursework examination / Part I and have registered for their Ph.D. from the Academic Year 2020-21 onwards are eligible to apply for this course work. The candidates must upload a PhD coursework certificate / Part-I Memo in the online application form.
- The candidates who have undergone similar training courses earlier are not eligible to apply again
The last date for receiving online applications is 20.06.2023.
Broad Topics to be covered in the workshop
- Idea and Basic Tenets of Research and Relevance of Research Methodology
- Research Design Process: Selection of topic, stages and types of Research Design
- Research Methods
- Data Sources including e-Resources
- Scaling and Measurements
- Data Collection Techniques
- Sampling Design and Types
- Descriptive Statistics
- Inferential Statistics (Parametric Tests)
- Inferential Statistics (Non-Parametric Tests)
- Methods of Qualitative Research
- Mixed Methods in Social Science Research
- Ethics in Social Sciences
- SPSS Theory – Introduction
- SPSS Hand Holding in Descriptive Statistics
- SPSS Hand Holding in Inferential Statistics
- Research in Gender Studies
- Plagiarism – What is it? How to avoid it?
- Mendeley: A reference Management Software
- Report Writing and Referencing
- Writing and Publishing a Research Paper
- Paper Clinic
Prof. P. Vijayalakshmi, Director, Research Methodology Course, Dept. of Communication and Journalism, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
Dr. G. Indira Priyadarsini, Deputy Director, RMC, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Law, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Padmavati Nagar, Tirupati District, Andhra Pradesh-517502
Mobile No. 9490050162,
You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org