Summer Program in Mathematics (SPIM-2022)
Organizer: KSCSTE-Kerala School of Mathematics (KSOM), Kozhikode,Kerala, India
About the Program
- When: 9th May to 26th May, 2022
- There is no application fees for the program
- KSOM will provide free food and acommodation to the student participants
- A Sleeper (SL) class train fare for onward and return journey by the shortest route will be provided to the student participants
Venue: Kerala School of Mathematics (KSOM), Kunnamangalam PO, Kozhikode, Kerala, INDIA,PIN: 673571 ,Tel. No: +91 495 2809000
Kerala School of Mathematics (KSOM) is conducting a Summer Program in Mathematics (SPIM) for motivated final year of B.Sc. and first year M.Sc students. It will be a three weeks program during which the student participants will be given intensive lectures on the topics in Mathematics like Algebra, Analysis, Topology, Number Theory, etc. by young eminent and experienced faculty members from premier institutes and universities of India.
Who are eligible?
- Final year B.Sc. (Mathematics) students.- Students who have appeared in or are going to appear for the exam of Third Year/6th Semester B.Sc. in 2022.
- First year M.Sc. (Mathematics) students.- Students who have appeared in or are going to appear for the exam of First Year/2nd Semester M.Sc. in 2022.
- Some good second year M.Sc. (Mathematics) students maybe given a chance.- Students who have completed MSc in 2022 / appeared in or are going to appear for the exam of Second Year/4th Semester M.Sc. in 2022 may also be given chance.
- Last date for receiving online application forms: 27th April, 2022
- Last date for receiving online recommendation letter: 27th April, 2022
- Declaration of selected participant: 29th April, 2022
- Partial selection list may be published before so that the selected students can book their tickets.
- Last date to confirm participation by selected candidates: 02nd May, 2022
- Program: 09th May – 26th May, 2022
Kerala School of Mathematics, a joint initiative of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) and Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India started functioning in the year 2009 with the objective of establishing an advanced mathematical research institute in Kerala. Under the aegis of the NBHM, Kerala School of Mathematics has been taking positive steps towards fulfilling the cherished dream of reviving its glorious tradition of conducting exceptional research in Mathematics.
One of the founding objectives of Kerala School of Mathematics is to provide a platform for excellent mathematicians from within India and Abroad to visit and spend some time here, thereby maintaining a vibrant research environment. Kerala School of Mathematics has been established with excellent infrastructure and facilities, offering a convenient platform where people having diverse research interests can interact and flourish.
- Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty, Director, KSCSTE-Kerala School of Mathematics, Kozhikode.
- Professor, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Prayagraj (Allahabad).
- Dr. Akhilesh P. Assistant Professor, KSCSTE-Kerala School of Mathematics, Kozhikode.
- Dr. G. K. Viswanadham, Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur (IISER Berhampur).
- Dr. Jay Mehta, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Sardar Patel University, Gujarat.