Ten Day RESEARCH METHODOLOGY COURSE for M.PHIL./ PH.D / PDF SCHOLARS in SOCIAL SCIENCES
Organizer: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT, ALAGAPPA UNIVERSITY (A State University Established in 1985) KARAIKUDI – 630 003, Tamil Nadu, India- Sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi
About the Courses
- When: 2nd November to 11th November, 2022
- Free Registration
- Conference Hall, Faculty of Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi – 630 004 (Opposite to Alagappa Alumni Park, Sri Ram Nagar)
About the Programme
This Workshop is related to research methodology for designing appropriate research methodology for the identified research works and it depends on the nature of research problem. Research design contents such as a objective of the study, need and scope of the study, data collection methods, pretesting, pilot study, sampling method, sample size, application of statistical tools, framework of analysis , hypotheses testing. Hence research scholars are advised to attend workshop on research methodology course to learn the systematic process of a research work. The research methodology workshop is designed in such a way not only to teach research methodology but also to train the research scholars to write research proposals, research articles writing and review of published research papers and research studies. Research publication raises academic and research standards and ranking of educational institutions. The Workshop on Research Methodology is needed to bring out an excellence peace of literature and new knowledge to the
The Key Highlights of the Research Methodology Course includes Hands-On session for Statistical, Mathematical
and Econometric models using SPSS/AMOS/E-Views/MS-Excel. It also includes Report Writing, Publication of High Indexed Journals and Networking Session to improve H-Index and Citation Index.
The Resource Persons are drawn from IIMs, Tamilnadu Central Universities, ISEC, Universities in Pondicherry, Bangalore, Tamil Nadu and Alagappa University.
The participants should be enrolled for M.Phil/Ph.D./PDF in a UGC recognized university/deemed university/ colleges/institutes of national importance and ICSSR Research Institutes and their application should be duly forwarded by
the affiliating institution. Numbers of seats are limited to 30 from social science disciplines, out of which ten (10) from hosting institution, ten (10) from within the state and ten (10) from outside the state.
Guidelines to Apply:
The applicants should be working on their Ph.D./ Post-Doctoral thesis or planning to carry out a research.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their Registration Form to the co-ordinators along with duly filled up Application– form (format enclosed) so as to reach us latest by 08th October, 2022 along with One page bio-data of the candidate along with academic certificate, Ph.D Registration Certificate and Research Proposal.
- The Candidate may send the scanned copies of the Registration Form and other Documents by Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org is followed by a Hard Copy.
- Intimation pertaining to selection of applicant will reach the participants by 15th October, 2022.
- Candidates are expected to submit a brief note of about 1000 words, delineating research questions, methodology and details on their on-going research and its current phase.
Accommodation and Travel Allowance:
Accommodation will be provided only to outstation participants in University
Guest House/Hotels on sharing basis from 1st November, 2022 (Evening) to 12th November, 2022 (Morning). Travel allowance by shortest distance (Ordinary Bus Fare (or) ordinary class train fare only) will be reimbursed to the outstation participants after submitting original tickets. Food will be provided to all Participants at Free of Cost.
The Candidates will be selected on the basis of
- Strength of their Research Proposal (Maximum 2 Pages)
- Stages of Research (Pre-Data Collection / Field Work Phase)
- First time Applicants for Research
The Course Directors deserves the right for scrutiny and selection of the candidates based on the above mentioned criteria.
Department of Commerce
Co- Course Director
Dr.M.Gurupandi, Assistant Professor
Department of Commerce