Organizer: Department of Education, Department of Statistics, Department of Tourism Management, Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak – 484887 (MP) Sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi
About the Course (Offline)
- When: 1st to 11th August, 2023
- Free Registration
- Venue: Seminar Hall, University Guest House, IGNTU, Amarkantak, (MP)
- Last date for the receipt of application form 10th July, 2023
The intake for the Course shall be a maximum of 30 participants from social science disciplines (10 must be within the IGNTU, 10 from the Madhya Pradesh state, and 10 from outside the state). Those who have attended any such type of program sponsored by either UGC or ICSSR should not apply. The selection committee will select the participants based on Disciplines, Social Background, Gender, etc. while selecting the Candidates. Notification for selected candidates will be communicated through the registered email. Attendance for all the sessions is mandatory or otherwise the certificate shall not
Objectives of the course
- To discuss the philosophy and publication ethics of the research
- To generate knowledge on research tool construction and its validation.
- To explain the importance of Parametric, Non-Parametric, and Multivariate Statistical
- Techniques in Social Science, Life Sciences and other allied disciplines and its applications in specific research.
- To create an awareness for process and analyse huge data with proper statistical tools.
- To provide hands on training using Statistical Software like SPSS and R Language.
- To explore the new reforms in the software tools for plagiarism detection and writing of the research report.
Topics to be covered in the Course using R
- Collection and Handling of Data
- Descriptive Statistics using real time data
- Various Graphical Techniques
- Independent and Paired Samples t-tests
- Analysis of Variance, Multivariate Analysis of Variance and Analysis of Covariance
- Correlation and Regression Analysis – Univariate and Multivariate
- Different types of Cluster Analysis
- Principle Component Analysis and Factor Analysis
- Non Parametric Statistical Techniques
- Multivariate Statistical Techniques
- Advancement of Statistical Techniques in Data Analysis.
- Plagiarism detection tools like Turnitin, Urkundu, etc
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply for the Research Methodology Course to the Course Director with duly filled registration form cum Forward letter (enclosed with this notification) on or before 10 th July, 2023.
Registration form and brochure can also be downloaded from the University website http://www.igntu.ac.in. The candidates are required to send the filled registration form duly forwarded by the supervisor and Head of the Department/Institution and attested copy of caste to the Course Director on email@example.com
1. Registration form cum Forwarding letter along with caste certificate (if applicable).
2. Why do you want to attend this Research Methodology course? (Write in 500 words).
Registration Fee, Accommodation, and Travel
- There is no registration fee.
- Free Accommodation for outstation participants only.
- Arrangement of Food, and refreshments for all participants on all the days.
- Travelling Allowance would be payable to the selected out station participants only for Train
- (second-class / sleeper class), or regular bus fare subject to a maximum of Rs.1000/- per participant(Up and Down) as per ICSSR rules subject to production of original tickets. No local conveyance would be reimbursed.
Details of the Course
This research methodology course is a platform to teach and give hands on training to the researchers
from social science, management studies and other allied disciplines. Nowadays there is continuously
growing demand of the researchers for the statistical data analysis, their need for statistical methods to be applied in statistical data processing through Statistical Software like SPSS and R Language (Open Source) are essential to deal with the huge data sets and to draw the interpretations. This course aims to discuss the integration and co-ordination of statistical tools at the advanced statistical and data analytic techniques to train the researchers of multi-disciplinary. This course also majorly highlighted the open access publication, usage of software tools for plagiarism detection, database and research metrics along with new statistical programs like SPSS and R Language, giving hands-on training in R-language, which are currently being used by scientists/researchers. The goal of the program is to build Data Analytical Skills among prospective young researchers from diversified fields.
This training will develop the analytical skills and motivate them to get advanced knowledge in their
domain. This will help them to grow into independent entrepreneurs by utilizing domain specific knowledge. The proposed course is a part of the endeavors of the Department of Education, Department of Statistics, and Department of Tourism Management of Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak to meet the growing need for Data Analytic Expertise in Central India
Prof. Shri Prakash Mani Tripathi, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, IGNTU, Amarkantak (MP)
Prof. M.T.V. Nagaraju, Dean, Faculty of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile No. 9440699871)
Dr. S. Balaswamy, Assistant Professor of Statistics, (Email: email@example.com, Mobile No. 9100539430)
Dr. Jayaprakashnarayana G, Assistant Professor of Tourism and Management, (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No. 9963611676)