About the Session
- When: May 20, 2022 07:00PM – 08:30PM
- Free Session
As the Indian economy continues to grow, its energy consumption is increasing exponentially, especially as the growth of its manufacturing sector catches up with services and agriculture. From running transport system, to powering our houses, from building infrastructure to enabling industries, we need energy for almost everything. However, in India energy sources are predominantly fossil and so the negative impact of fossil energyon our environment is huge. As per our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, India will achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2070 and also meet 50 percent of its energy requirements from renewable energy by 2030. But this is possible only when we adapt “Sustainability” as a part of our policy and development.
Key Talking Points
Global environmental emergencies such as climate change and biodiversity loss could cause social and economic damages. How are corporates gearing up for next 5-10 years?
- Becoming Energy-efficient is clearly an imperative and organizations are looking at diverse ways to contain their energy consumption.
- Sustainability drives business, impacts its profitability and overall operational excellence. How are organisations realigning the workflow and plan for the shift to build a greener economy?
- Changing consumer expectations giving rise to rebuild business transparency and sustainability
- What are some of the challenges companies facing in driving better sustainability and energy efficiency practices?
- What are Global best practices and how reforms can be implemented within organisation?
- Technology transformation and implementation towards building a positive and greener economy.