Webinar on How Can Teacher Educators Encourage Teachers to Engage with Research?
Organizer: The British Council
About the Webinar
- When: Tuesday, 6 September 2022
- Time: 16:30 to 17.30 IST
- Platform: Zoom
- Provide E Certificate
What is this webinar about?
The third webinar in our interactive series will be facilitated by Daniel Xerri, Senior Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Malta. Daniel will be discussing the nature and value of research in informing teaching behaviour and providing some practical guidance and training room tips for teacher educators looking to encourage teachers to become more research engaged. The webinar will cover the main points contained in Daniel’s recently published How to guide for teacher educators on this theme.
Certificates of attendance are available for all attendees. The link to obtain your certificate is provided in the following places:
- At the end of the webinar in the chat box
- In the ‘Thank you for attending email’ that you will receive 1 day after the webinar.
- At the end of the feedback survey once you have answered the questions.
- You should type your name on the certificate and download it. We recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to do this.
About the speaker
Daniel Xerri is a Senior Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Malta. He holds postgraduate degrees in English, Applied Linguistics, and Business Administration, as well as a PhD in Education from the University of York. He is the author of many publications and has co-edited several books, including Becoming Research Literate: Supporting Teacher Research in English Language Teaching (2018, ETAS), ELT Research in Action: Bringing Together Two Communities of Practice (2020, IATEFL), and English for 21st Century Skills (2020, Express Publishing).