Apply Now: NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students
- Applications are open NOW until August 6, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- Fellowships will be awarded to 100 students of law in the country on a need-based assessment
- At least 10 scholarships will be reserved for law students with disabilities.
Hosting one of India’s largest collections of legal books, journals and database subscriptions, the Sri Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial National Law Library has been an essential part of the experience of studying, teaching and researching at the National Law School of India University. In Academic Year 2022-23, the Library’s physical infrastructure has been entirely reimagined and redeveloped to provide a library that is among the best academic libraries in India.
With the generous support of the Infosys Foundation, we are proud to offer the ‘NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships’ to current students of the law in India. The Infosys Digital Library Scholarship project at the University aims at democratizing access to library resources through modes of digital inclusion.
About the Fellowship
Fellowships will be awarded to at least 100 students studying law in India on a need-based assessment. At least 10 scholarships will be reserved for law students with disabilities.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time law programme in a recognised Indian university/ law faculty.
- Applicants with disabilities must submit a certificate of disability issued under The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
What Will the Fellowship Cover?
Students receiving the Fellowship shall have access to the same e-resources as an NLSIU student, which include twenty e-databases for legal and social sciences materials, hosting journal and periodical articles, and e-books. Students shall also have access to the Sri Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial Law Library at the University campus for the duration of the Fellowship.
Our library management system runs on Koha, which is a fully-featured free and open source library system. Access to these resources is based on RemoteXS (https://eresources.nls.ac.in) a cloud based secure access service which is operational from anywhere, anytime to the NLS Community including the Fellows. It brings all e-resources of the University, including databases, journals, e-books and other content, under one umbrella for academic and research purposes.
The Fellowships shall be awarded for a period of one year i.e. August 15, 2023 – August 15, 2024.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
For any further information, please contact email@example.com