Wipro Education Fellowship Program has been designed to contribute to the systemic improvement of Indian school education by supporting early stage civil society organizations (CSOs) focused on school education.
About the Fellowship
Given the size, diversity and complexity of our country, we need a large number of educational organizations to make an impact on our school education system. Wipro Education Fellowship Program was launched in 2016 with the objective of supporting the creation and development of a significant number of new educational organizations that can contribute meaningfully and in a sustained manner to Indian school education. The program selects and supports committed and capable individuals and teams who share our vision of quality education being available to every Indian child. We provide a 3-year founder’s fellowship to set up effective educational NGOs in domains and geographies of their choice.
Selected fellows are supported with a fellowship stipend, workshops and mentoring from partner resource organizations for capacity building, and access to networking opportunities with other educational CSOs within our partner network.
The selection process involves the following steps:
- The interested organization submits an online application
- Shortlisted organizations are contacted to provide a detailed proposal
- A telephone interview is conducted to understand the applicant’s proposal in more detail
- Final shortlisted applicants are invited to Wipro Office in Bangalore to make a presentation to a selection committee
- The decision on the grant is conveyed to the applicant via email
- 5th April 2022 – Open for applications
- 5th May 2022 – Closing date for applications
- May/June 2022 – Shortlisted applicants will be notified and requested to submit a detailed proposal
- August/September 2022 – Final presentation of proposal and decision on the outcome
Shortlisted applicants can expect to receive communication from us within eight weeks of submitting an application. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will be unable to write back to all applicants, or, respond to individual queries regarding the status of an application.